Cells XML to Pdf: Table border not correct after Upgrade from AsposePdf 2.4 to 2.5

Hello,

for the sake of correct footer positioning and page numbering in cells2pdf conversion, we wanted to update from Aspose Pdf v2.4 to v.2.5. We are glad footer and page numbering issures are solved. However, using the exact same XML from Aspose Cells export, the separator line between table headers and table data is now displayed too low, even touching the first data line’s content. This was not the case with Aspose Pdf 2.4.

Unfortunately, we can not afford changing the underlying Excel/Cells-related code which was working fine up to now since we are generating a whole lot of different Excel reports which would then have to be re-tested as well. But neither can we offer PDF versions of the Excel reports with faulty separator lines as incorporated with the 2.5 update. Can this border issue be fixed someway?

I have attached some ready-to-run Java examples for both, Aspose Pdf 2.5 and 2.4. Both are generating a “border.pdf” based on identical “border.xml” files. You’ll find the border difference.

Thanks a lot for your help
Lennart

Hello Lennart,

I have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFJAVA-16617. We will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a correction. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello Lennart,

Thanks for your patience.

We have investigated this issue in details and have figured out that earlier release (2.4) uses values of the ascent and descent of the font to place decorating lines for the cell border. It works nice in case of the mono font table. But with multi font segments and decorations like subscript, bold, italic, etc it introduces distortions to the border lines. More along, 2.4 supports poor analogue of the TextBorder node while 2.6 supports as TextBorder as Border nodes. In short, if you want lines nearby font, then you must use TextBorder node in his xml. In case you just want cells decorations on uniform level, then you must use Border node. Please find attached the updated border.xml. The resultant PDF that I have generated using Aspose.Pdf for Java 2.7.0 is also in attachment, please take a look.

You can also download the latest release version of Aspose.Pdf for Java 2.7.0 from here. In case it does not resolve your problem or you have any further query, please feel free to contact. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 16617) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan