CellsException: Shape to image Error! Aspose Cells 7.7.2

Hi,

Im trying to use Aspose Cells 7.7.2 (latest version) to convert a couple of excel documents to pdf and I’m getting the following exception. I have attached two example files could you please confirm you see the same problem and raise a bug.

Looking at a few of the forum posts it appears this error seems to crop up between versions. Is there any way I can force conversion so if these errors happen I still get some output and what ever failed is just left blank?

com.aspose.cells.CellsException: Shape to image Error!
at com.aspose.cells.bdt.a(Unknown Source) ~[cells-7.7.2.jar:7.7.2.0]
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.a(Unknown Source) ~[cells-7.7.2.jar:7.7.2.0]
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.save(Unknown Source) ~[cells-7.7.2.jar:7.7.2.0]
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.save(Unknown Source) ~[cells-7.7.2.jar:7.7.2.0]
at com.c.contentservice.converter.document.SpreadsheetConverterActor.convertDocument(SpreadsheetConverterActor.java:57) ~[content-service/:na]
at com.c.contentservice.converter.document.SpreadsheetConverterActor.onReceive(SpreadsheetConverterActor.java:45) ~[content-service/:na]
at akka.actor.UntypedActor$$anonfun$receive$1.applyOrElse(UntypedActor.scala:167) ~[akka-actor_2.10-2.3.0-RC4.jar:na]
at akka.actor.Actor$class.aroundReceive(Actor.scala:465) ~[akka-actor_2.10-2.3.0-RC4.jar:na]
at akka.actor.UntypedActor.aroundReceive(UntypedActor.scala:97) ~[akka-actor_2.10-2.3.0-RC4.jar:na]
at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:491) [akka-actor_2.10-2.3.0-RC4.jar:na]
at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:462) [akka-actor_2.10-2.3.0-RC4.jar:na]
at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:238) [akka-actor_2.10-2.3.0-RC4.jar:na]
at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:220) [akka-actor_2.10-2.3.0-RC4.jar:na]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) [na:1.7.0_07]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) [na:1.7.0_07]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [na:1.7.0_07]

The code I’m using to convert;

Workbook doc = new Workbook(is); //input stream
PipedOutputStream os = new PipedOutputStream();
PipedInputStream data = new PipedInputStream(os);
sender().tell(new ConversionComplete(data), self());
doc.save(os, SaveFormat.PDF);
os.close();

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We were able to observe this exception with the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version) after converting your source files into pdf using the following code.

We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSJAVA-40761.

Java

String filePath = “F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\budget-planner.xls”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.save(filePath + “.out.pdf”);

Exception:
Exception in thread "main" com.aspose.cells.CellsException: Shape to image Error!
at com.aspose.cells.bdz.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.save(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.save(Unknown Source)
at ClsAsposeTest.f1(ClsAsposeTest.java:245)

Thanks. Re my other question. Is there any way I can force conversion and get aspose to continue trying to convert in the event of these errors. Its just one image or shape that must be failing so it would be really nice to just leave it blank and continue converting the document.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This error is fatal and you cannot convert your documents to pdf partially. So this bug must be fixed before you are able to convert them. Please spare us some time. We will analyze and fix this bug asap.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40761) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.