XXXXXXX

XXXXXXX organisation

XXXXXXX organisation > NSW

XXXXXXX organisation > NSW > Sydney

7911NRK

7912NTW

7912NVR

793X3F2
The second column contains long data, while the third column contains only a few characters. The intent is that the long data in column B flows through into column C. There is never data in both B and C on the same row.

This all works correctly when viewed in Excel. However, when viewed in CellsWebGrid the data in column C is truncated on the column boarder.

How do I get the data to flow into the next column in CellsWebGrid as it does in Excel?

Many thanks

Richard

Hi,

Are you using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb?
We recommend you to try our latest version v2.6.3.2000 of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb downloading/installing the package from https://downloads.aspose.com/cells/net

If you still find any issue, give us your template file here, we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Amjad

Yes, I am using Cell.GridWeb and I am already using v2.6.2.2000 which I downloaded a few days ago.

I do not see anything in the release notes for v2.6.3.2000 similar to my problem.

Is your request to upgrade serious, or just a shot in the dark?

Regards

Richard

Hi,

If you are using v2.6.2.2000, then no need to upgrade to v2.6.3.2000 as v2.6.3.2000 is released after 10 days of the released version v2.6.2.2000.

I request you to kindly give us you template Excel file here, so that I could check your issue.

Thank you.

xlsx created by Cells is attached along with a screenshot of the gridweb. Yellow areas show truncated data.

Thanks

Richard

Hi,

Thanks for the template file.

I have tested your case and loaded the template Excel file into GridWeb control v2.6.3.2000 and found the issue as you have mentioned by your screen shot. I have logged a ticket for the enhancement with an id: CELLSNET-30503. We will enhance it accordingly to MS Excel view soon.

Thank you.

Can you please advise whether “soon” means days, weeks or months. I have an application that needs to go live and this is a show stopper.

Many thanks

Richard

Hi,

Well, I need to discuss with the related module’s developer of GridWeb control. Hopefully, I can update you tomorrow.

At Aspose, (in general) if a feature/enhancement is not very complex, it takes 2- 3 days. For complex features, it takes more days.

Thank you.
Hi,

Well, for GridDesktop control, we have already supported this feature. But we can see it looks very hard to implement the same for GridWeb control. There are some restrictions and we need to analyze them first. We will do some research work if we could find a solution for it.
When we have any update, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Do you have an update yet on this fix?

Many thanks

Richard

Hi,

Still, there is no update for your issue/feature request. I have requested the concerned developer to provide update/eta for it. Once I will get any update from him, I will update you here.

Thank you.
Hi,

We did evaluate your issue a bit. We come to know there might be some hurdles when doing the same logic on Web due to different architectures and API structures of web as compared with desktop/windows. We tried to fix the formatting issues as MS Excel, but, we found it might occur some other serious Performance issues. And even if we support/fix the formatting issue, it will produce other bugs/issues.

We will again try to further evaluate it later on but not now due to other important tasks on hand.

Once we have any update, we will let you know.

Thanks for your understanding!