Certain cell background colors exported from Excel 2007 seem to disappear

Hi there,

I’ve noticed that certain cell background colors in Excel 2007 do not appear in the thumbnails / styles when imported into Cells (v 4.5.0.0). In particular, it seems to relate to the grey colors that a lot of our customers use.

Are you aware of any issues or any reasons why these colors might not work? I’ve read about palette issues before, but would have imagined that if the color was used in the Excel, it would have been added to the palette at that time?

Many thanks!

Hi,

Please try the attached latest version v4.8.0.10, there should be no problem regarding cells background colors.

If you still find the issue using the attached version, kindly post your template excel file with sample code here, we will look into your issue soon.

Thank you.

Many thanks. I’ll try it in the next few days and report back.

Hi there,

This version of the component solves the problems we were having. Is there any way we can get a version of the component that isn’t 32bit only so we can deploy the fix to our servers?

Thanks,

Anthony.

Hi,

Yes, we can provide a .NET2.0 compiled version for 64-bit environments (on demand). Please find it attached here.

Thank you.