Certificate Authority verification for Digital Signatures

Hi,
Zycus has purchased Aspose Total and is using it for reading and writing, Microsoft Office Word and Adobe’s PDF documents.
A requirement has risen to sign these documents digitally.

Could you give me some insight on the authentication process with the Certificate Authority the legal purposes.

Thanks.

Hi Shawn,

I would like to share with you that Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java allows you to digitally sign existing PDF files using certificates from a file i.e. PFX etc; PdfFileSignature class is used for this purpose.

Please try this at your end and see if it helps. If you think it doesn’t satisfy your requirement then please elaborate your requirement a little so we would be able to help you out accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hey Shahzad,
The Kit you mentioned can be leveraged to sign a document with a PFX file. My concern lies in who has the authority to authenticate these PFX files.

Are these PFX files issued by a Certificate Authority?

Hi Shawn,

Yes, these certificate (PFX) files are issued by the certificate authorities like Verisign, Thawte, GlobalSign etc. These are PKCS#12 files (the files with extension .pfx); while purchasing a certificate you need to make sure that this is a PKCS#12 certificate. For further details on certificates you can contact the concerned certificate authority; Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java only allows you to sign the PDF documents using these certificates.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

I think that answers it, Ill get in touch with some commercial CA’s and see what they have to offer.
Thanks.