We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Change Aspose.Slides default rendering extension names and options

Here is our situation:
We are using ASPOSE.Slides 5.2.2 in SharePoint integrated mode within Sharepoint 2013 Sp1.

Our end users would like to change the default rendering extension label that is displayed when users try to render the report to PowerPoint.

For example, rather than displaying "PPTX - PowerPOint 2007 Presentation via Aspose.Slides", we would like to display a shorter label: "PowerPoint Presentation (*.pptx)"

We would also like to hide some rendering extension options like the "PPSX - PowerPoint 2007 SlideShow via Aspose.Slides" option to avoid any confusion.

Here is my question:
In SSRS Native mode, the rendering extension names are controlled in the ...\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS11.SQLSERVER2012\Reporting Services\ReportServer\rsreportserver.config file, but when our enterprise Sharepoint infrastructure team researched this file in SharePoint, they were not able to locate a location where the Aspose Slides rendering extension names were listed.

Can you please tell me what configuration file would need to be modified in order to change the name of some rendering extensions and removing others?

An excel file is attached that displays the rendering extensions we would like enabled along with the names we would like to display.

Thanks for your assistance!

Hi Krishnan,

I have observed your requirements and like to share that you can change the export options captions for Aspose.Slides by modifying in ReportServer.config file. Please visit this documentation link to serve the purpose on your end. You can remove the unwanted export options by removing the unwanted entries in the reportserver.config. Please visit this documentation link to manual installation options for Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services and removing the unwanted export entries.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for your response, but we are using the ASPOSE.Slides rendering extension in SharePoint – not SSRS Native mode. The instructions you provided show how to make the configuration change in the Native mode configuration file, but the contents of the configuration file used in SSRS Integrated mode (attached to this message) have no indication of ASPOSE or other rendering methods.

Can you please tell where in SharePoint Integrated mode, the rendering extension change can be made?

Hi Krishnan,

I have observed requirements shared by you and like to share that an issue with ID SLIDESREP-33497 has been created in our issue tracking system as enhancement request. Our product will be assessing the requirements and after that we will be able to share the feedback with you in this regard. I will really appreciate your patience in this regard.

Many Thanks,