Change chart type of an existing Chart?

Hi,

I have a question.

I will change the chart type of an existing chart.

But it not work - here is my code:

( i load a template file with an PIE Chart and i will change the type to a RADAR )

<br /> <br /> Presentation thePresentation = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation("pieTemplate.pptx"); <br /> <br /> foreach (IShape theShapes in thePresentation.Slides[0].Shapes) <br /> { <br /> if (theShapes is IChart) <br /> { <br /> IChart theChart = (IChart)theShapes; <br /> <br /> <br /> theChart.Type = ChartType.Radar; // this not work for me <br /> } <br /> } <br /> <br /> thePresentation.Save("export.pptx", Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pptx); <br /> <br />

In the Attachments there is my “pieTemplate.pptx” file.

I use Aspose.Slides 15.4.0.

Can you help me ? or give me an example how do i change the type of a chart ?

Many Thanks,

Marius W.

Hi Marius W,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have been able to observe the issue specified. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-36657 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,

Many Thanks for your Help !

Marius W.

Hi again,

When can I expect with this fix?

This function we need in our company for some Projects…

Many Thanks,

Marius W.

Hi … Again,

I have played with the template file and i found out that if the chart in the Template file is a PIE Chart that i don’t can modify the Chart type.

BUT if the Chart in the Template file is a BAR Chart i can modify / change the type to PIE, RADAR and so on…

Pretty strange but helps me and the people who have the same problem

Hope that help you to found the Problem with the PIE Chart…

Marius W.

Hi Marius W,

Thank you for sharing the additional information. We will share the feedback with you as soon as our product team will schedule and investigate the issue on its due turn. We will really appreciate your patience in this regard.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-36657) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Marius,

I am facing the issue much similar to the above one. I have 16.11 version and I am trying to the change the chart type of existing chart in the template but I am not able to get the chart. In template I have clustered bar and I am trying to change it to PercentStackColumn chart which is not happening for me. Could you please help?

Hi Shruti,

I have observed your comments. Can you please share source presentation,sample code with us so that we can further investigate to resolve the issue.

Best Regards,