We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Change in Link Sources => always slash convered into back slash and this should not happen

Hi Aspose team,

in attached project you can find code that is making replacement in Link Sources (External links). In case that original link is with slashes (like https://aspose.sharepoint.com/shared documents/something/file.docx) when change is done (for example, replace https://aspose.sharepoint.com/ with https://dr_oli.sharepoint.com/) all slashes are converted into back slashes.

Btw. DataSource and OriginalDataSource are both impacted.

I think that I already reported this issue so potentially you have regression.
Btw. I am using Aspose.Cells 18.3.6.

Can you please investigate?

LinkSourcesSlashProblem.zip (294.0 KB)

Thanks in advance,
Oliver

@dr_oli

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

We were able to observe this issue as per your description and sample project. We have logged it in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other news for you, we will update you asap.

This issue has been logged as

  • CELLSNET-46042 - Slashes are converted into Back Slashes after changing External Links

@dr_oli

If the external link is not URL, MS Excel will automatically convert slash to back slash.

Please unzip the saved file =>change the back slash to slash=>zip file=> open the zipped file in MS Excel, you will see back slash in the external link (Data->Edit links).

We are afraid, this is the Microsoft Excel behavior so we will not fix this issue

Hi,

I am a bit confused. In my example you have URL starting with http:// and when I make replacement of http(s) URL but still having URL after change is done you can see that everything is impacted. It somehow does not match what you wrote.

Also when you open file in Excel like you said Excel will show back-slashes but if you go to, for example, xl\externalLinks_rels\externalLink1.xml.rels you will see that slashes are written in the document.

Somehow this is totally weird and why would Aspose.Cells change that if I instruct what I want to replace in Link Source.

Thx,
Oliver

@dr_oli

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

We have recorded your comment in our database for further evaluation. We will look into it and help you. Once, we will have some news for you, we will let you know asap.

@dr_oli

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback.

@dr_oli

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-46042”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46042) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi