Change of default paper size from A4 to Letter

Hi,

When upgrading Aspose.Words JAVA from 18.8 to 18.11, we observe a change of behaviour that the paper size of the resulted PDF has changed.

Version 18.8 > PDF page size = A4 (8.27 x 11.69 in)
Version 18.11 > PDF page size = Letter (8.50 x 11.00 in)

Can you please confirm if the default paper size has been changed from A4 to Letter? If it is true, I cannot find it in any of the release notes for version 18.9, 18.10 and 18.11.

Thank you.

Regards,
Herman

@idbs

Thanks for your inquiry. Please call Document.UpdatePageLayout method before saving the document. Hope this helps you.

If you still face problem, please ZIP and attach your input Word document and code example to reproduce this issue at our end. We will then provide you more information on it.

Thanks for the advice.
Could you suggest what is the default paper size (if not specified) when converting text file to PDF using the Aspose.Words Java library?

@idbs

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the behavior of MS Word. When text file is loaded in MS Word 2016, its paper size is A4. We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-17877. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

We have tested the scenario using Aspose.Words 18.8. The PageSetup.PaperSize property returns Letter for TXT document. Could you please share which version of Aspose.Words you are using that returns A4?

Sorry, that was my mistake. I haven’t been able to trace back to the Aspose.Words version that was returning A4 paper size.

That could be my assumption from same change of behavior that I have reported in Aspose.Cells.

https://forum.aspose.com/t/page-size-of-converted-pdf-is-different-in-between-18-8-and-18-10/187888

@idbs

Thanks for sharing the detail. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is any update available on this issue. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

@idbs

Thanks for your patience. Please note that PageSetup.PaperSize depends on localization. Implement this feature for all localizations is not very reasonable now. However, we can implement this feature for your locale. Could you please share under what locale you are executing your application? Thanks for your cooperation.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-17877) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 19.5 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 19.5 update.