We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Changed behaviour when appending document with ImportFormatMode.KeepDifferentStyles between Version 17.2.0 and 17.3.0

Hi there,



we experienced a different behaviour in document merging when switching from version 17.2.0. to higher versions.



You can reproduce the problem like this:



var doc1 = New Aspose.Words.Document(“part1.doc”)

var doc2 = new Aspose.Words.Document(“part2.doc”)

doc1.AppendDocument(doc2, ImportFormatMode.KeepDifferentStyles)

doc1.Save(“merged.doc”)



The problem is highlighted in red in the attachment “merged_with_17.3.0.doc” - in the document “merged_with_17.2.0.doc” the wanted former behaviour is marked in green.



Can you tell if this is intended?



Greetings,

Markus

Hi Markus,


Thanks for your inquriy. Please check Public API and Backward Incompatible changes section in Release notes of Aspose.Words for .NET 17.3.0. We have improved font substitution mechanism in that version. So you are getting different results as compared to 17.2.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

are you sure? It does not look like an improvement to me. Especially as there does not seem to be a requirement for font substitution.
The standard font of the rest of the document “Arial” just changed to “Times New Roman”. Did you thoroughly analyse and can confirm this is the wanted behaviour?

Greetings,
m:

Hi Markus,


I am sorry for the confusion. I have again tested the scenario with your shared documents and noticed that Font is not changing in 17.3 and 17.4 but Font size. I have tested the scenario on Win7 64 bit Aspose.Words for .NET 4.0 DLL. Please share some more details along with your environment details, to replicate the issue at our end.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

I am glad that you took another look into it.
I am using the 4.0 .NET DLL on Windows 7 64 bit as well.
Over here “Arial 10” switched to “Times New Roman 12”…

Greetings,
m:

Hi Markus,


Thanks for your feedback. We have tested the scenario on another machine Windows Server 2012 and we are still unable to notice font “Times New Roman” issue. We will appreciate it if you please share a sample console project to replicate your reported issue at our end. Furthermore, can you please test the scenario on some other machine and share the results as well?

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,


Hi Tilal,

Setting up a new console application I was indeed not seeing the font type change any longer. I guess the case is somewhat different as we start with a blank document and then merge the other parts to it.

I will try to reproduce that as soon as you figured out why the font size changed. Maybe in the process the other problem vanishes as well. :slight_smile:

Greetings,
Markus

Hi Markus,


Thanks for your feedback. It is good to know that change of font issue is resolved at your end.

Furthermore in reference to change of font size, we have logged a ticket WORDSNET-15319 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and rectification. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-15319) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.6 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.6 update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.