Changing Column colors on single series charts

Hi,

I have a chart that I need to export that has a single ranges of values in the Series. I need to set the colors of the columns individually based on certain external values.

In Excel I can do this with

With .SeriesCollection(seriesname).Points(Index)
.Interior.ColorIndex = 2
End with

I don’t find a way to do this in Aspose.Excel. Am I missing something.

Thanks,
Rick Schoenborn

Hi Rick,

Currently Aspose.Excel can change the colors of column in one series, but cannot change color in one point.

To change the colors of columns in the first series, please try this:
chart.NSeries[0].Area.ForegroundColor = Color.Red

Laurence,

With this particular chart it is necessary to have the ability to color each column with a specific color. We call it our ‘Stoplight’ report with green, red, yellow and white column colors.

Can the ability to color individual points be added to Aspose.Excel?

Thanks,
Rick

Hi Rick,

Yes. We can add this feature to Aspose.Excel. But it may take a long time. So could you create your chart in your designer spreadsheet and change the data source at run time?

Laurence,

Because the charts are completely dynamic both the number of points and the colors of each point can change with each chart. (There are three separate charts on the report) I can’t set the colors ahead of time.

I’ll just have to wait until you can add that functionality or figure out a different way to do the chart.

Thanks,
Rick

Hi Rick,

I will add this feature to Aspose.Excel. You will get it at the end of this month.

Now thanks for your patience.

Thanks, Laurence.

The main reason we decided to use Aspose.Excel was your responsiveness to the needs of your customers.

As a programmer with 22+ years experience I have to say Apose’s responsiveness is unprecedented in the software world.

The end of the month will be great.

Thanks again,
Rick

Laurence,

I’m just checking on the status of this new feature.

Thanks,
Rick

Hi Rick,

It’s available in the latest hotfix. Please check https://forum.aspose.com/t/117773.

Laurence,

I downloaded the latest fix, wrote a few lines of code and it works great!

Thanks, again!

Nin dzwei hau!

Rick