Chart Image Data labels and Error bars

We are encountering two problems with the images created from Excel charts having custom data labels and error bars. Both problems are shown the attached sample. In our particular case the chart is being embedded into a PowerPoint presentation. The attached example was built using Cells for .Net 6.0.1 but also appears in all previous versions that we have tested.

In the Excel chart, custom data labels have been specified for all the plotted points. Custom error horizontal and vertical error bars (configured to appear as crossing lines dividing the chart into 4 quadrants) are also shown. When the charts image is created with the ToImage function to provide an image for the embedded chart, the Data Labels do not appear and the vertical error bar is not shown.

Opening the embedded chart so that Excel provides the image shows the data labels. We do observe that Excel also has trouble with the error bars, only displaying the vertical bar on its image. While we believe that both error bars should appear on the image, it is also an issue that the Aspose created image and the Excel image are not consistent.

By co-incidence, it appears that another user has also reported the data label problem earlier today.

Hi,

I have isolated your issue. I have tested the issue (using your template Excel file from your project) with the simplest lines of code and found the issue as you mentioned with the generated image.

Sample code:
var _wb = new Workbook(@“E:\test2\chartimg\ScatterplotToImage\Scatterplot.xlsx”);
var _ws = _wb.Worksheets[0];
Chart chart = _ws.Charts[0];
Bitmap image = chart.ToImage();
image.Save(@“E:\test2\chartimg\ScatterplotToImage\outputchart_img.bmp”);

I have logged the issue with an id: CELLSNET-30102. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.1.6

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 30102) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.