Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Chart image (type svg) in pdf is not generating from excel template for java

I am trying to generate a PDF from excel template. When i open the excel template and simply save it (from LibreOffice) and generate the PDF than the chart appears in PDF. But without opening the same template when I try to create PDF then chart doesn’t appear.

Steps to follow.

1. Without opening the excel file attached here try to generate the PDF then, charts doesn’t appear in PDF.
  2. Open the template and simply save it(from LibreOffice) and try to generate PDF then, chart appears in PDF.

Code used:
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(io);
workbook.calculateFormula();
workbook.save(“myresult.pdf”);

The excel file is attached with this posttemplateConsistingSvgChart.xlsx.zip (14.4 KB)
in zip format.

@niteshregmi1234,

Thanks for the template file.

I opened your template file into MS Excel 2007, 2010 and 2013 but the image is not displayed, see the screenshot for your reference:

If an image cannot be displayed in MS Excel and in the print preview of MS Excel, it cannot be rendered in output PDF. Aspose.Cells follows MS Excel standards and specifications when rendering to PDF file format.

Hello @Amjad_Sahi

Thanks for the clarification.
But when you open the above attach excel file from libreoffice calc on ubuntu it shows the chart in excel.

But i now know that, as that image is svg type image and it is not supported by MS excel and hence empty pdf is generated.

This is due to the svg image not supported by MS excel . Its not the aspose pdf issue.

Thanks,

@niteshregmi1234,

Thanks for the details.

Yes, the issue may not be lined with Aspose.Cells APIs as MS Excel itself does not show the SVG image in the sheet. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.