Chart in PDF isn't generating from the excel template

I am trying to generate a PDF from excel template. When i open the excel template and simply save it and generate the PDF than the chart appears in PDF. But without opening the same template when i try to create PDF then chart doesn’t appear.

Steps to follow.

1. Without opening the excel file attached here try to generate the PDF then, charts doesn’t appear in PDF.
  2. Open the template and simply save it and try to generate PDF then, chart appears in PDF.

Code used:
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(io);
workbook.calculateFormula();
workbook.save(“myresult.pdf”);

The excel file is attached with this post along with its outputs in zip format.

requiredFileForTesting.zip (123.7 KB)

@niteshregmi1234

Thank you for contacting support.

We have moved this thread from Aspose.PDF forum to Aspose.Cells forum because your inquiry is related to Aspose.Cells for Java API. Our colleague from Aspose.Cells team will take care of your concerns.

@niteshregmi1234,

Thanks for the template file and output PDF files.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned. A ticket is logged with an id “CELLSJAVA-42711” for your issue as following:
CELLSJAVA-42711 - Chart in PDF is not generating from the Excel template

We will look into it to figure it out soon. Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Hi Amjad,

Any update on this?

Thanks,

@HThagunna,

I am afraid, the issue is not resolved yet. However, I have logged your concerns against the issue into our database. Once we have an update or ETA for the issue, we will let you know here.

Thank you so much.

We are actually looking for alternatives until this issue gets resolved, but none of the approaches are working now.

Thanks,

@HThagunna,

Hopefully we could update you on the issue in the next week early.

Hello Amjad ,

Any findings on this ?

@HThagunna and @niteshregmi1234 ,

Well, your issue is in process, hopefully you will get an update soon.

@HThagunna and @niteshregmi1234,

We found the issue is complicated and we are still working on it. We will try to provide a fix for it in the new few days (3-5 days or so).

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-42711”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v18.8.8 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Aspose.Cells for Java v18.8.8.zip (6.3 MB)

Thanks. We will try upgrading to this version and will let you know if we encounter any more issues.

Thanks,

@HThagunna,

Sure, take your time to evaluate the fix and in case you find any issue, do let us know with details.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42711) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 18.9. You can also get the latest Aspose.Cells for Java version from Maven repos. with simple configurations. Please see the document for your reference: Installation|Documentation

This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi

Thanks. This worked fine for us.

Best,
Harish

@HThagunna,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new version/fix. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

1 Like