Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Chart items shift with xlsx files

We are using aspose for cells.

When we save our excel files in the xls format our charts render just fine.

When we save our excel files in the xlsx format, things start to shift around.

I've attached the two excel files and a picture of how each renders (in ppt file.)

Please help.

Hi,

I am not sure about your issue. When I open your both Excel files into MS Excel 2007/2010, both are displayed fine. Could you elaborate your issue? Do you re-save the Excel files i.e. Opening and Re-saving the files using Aspose.Cells API. Or you are taking image from the chart in the files and image from Xlsx file is not rendered fine?

By the way, I have tested converting the image from the chart in your Bad.xlsx file and it works fine. I am using Aspose.Cells for .NET v5.3.3.1 (attached).

Sample code:
string filePath = @“e:\test2\chartitems\Bad.xlsx”;
Aspose.Cells.Workbook wb = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(filePath);
Aspose.Cells.Charts.Chart chart = wb.Worksheets[0].Charts[0];
Bitmap imgChart = chart.ToImage();
//Saved to jpg
imgChart.Save(@“e:\test2\chartitems\outpic1.jpg”, System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg);

Thank you.

Hello,

We just installed Cells 5.3.3.1(we were using 5.1.2.0) and the reverse happend - XLSX files render fine and xls files shift and they do not look very 3D.

Refer to attached.

Can we get a version that will render xls and xlsx files properly?

Thanks

Hi,

Attached to my reply is latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET v5.3.3.2. Please try your requirement with this version and let us know of your feedback.
Thank you.

Hi,

After an initial test with v5.3.3.2, I have found the issue for XLS file as you have mentioned by your picture in the PowerPoint Presentation (you attached). I have tested taking the image for the chart in the XLS file and found the issue.

I have logged an issue with an id: CELLSNET-28035. We will look into your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

We think the generated images created by you using v5.3.3.1 are proper. The column stacked 3d chart in Ms.Excel 2003 is different than Ms.Excel 2007.

Please open the files in the attachment.

For a moment, leave Aspose.Cells and only compare the difference between Excel 2003 and Excel 2007. If you open the same file, test.xls, in Excel 2003 and Excel 2007, you will see the columns are different.

Yes you are correct.

We will adjust our files accordingly.

Thank you