Chart labels are not displaying in excel 2010

Hi,

Chart labels are not displaying in excel 2010, but same spreadsheets is working in office 2007. Please find the attached files office 2007 as well as 2010.

Could you please guide me how to set any specific settings?

Thanks

Srinivas

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Please download and use the latest version Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) and see if it resolves your issue.

If your problem still occurs, then please provide us your source file(s) and the sample code replicating this issue with the latest version. We will look into this issue and help you asap.

Hi Shakeel,

I am using the Aspose java.

Could you please help on

Thanks

Srinivas

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

You should download and try the latest Java version: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) and see if it works fine.

In case issue still occurs, then please provide us your source files and sample code replicating this issue for us to investigate. We will look into it and help you asap.

Hi Shakeel,

Thanks for your support.

We are using the xlsx spreadsheet format with Aspose chart generation and generated spreadsheet chart value axis scalling values and category axis series labels also does not appearing in the chart, these both axis title text also display inside the axis line if we are opening in office 2010. Same spreadsheet is trying to open in office 2007 then it is working fine i.e. value axis scalling is displayed properly and axis title text also dispalyed outside the axis line.

please find the attached spreadsheet in attachments.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We were able to observe your mentioned issue in your given file. It seems, you have provided the output file. Please also provide us your sample code that you are using to generate this file. We will look into it and help you asap.

Hi Shakeel,

Please find the sample code and using version: 2.2.1.9.Now, we are migrating from xls to xlsx format and getting above issue for label displaying opening through office 2010. Attached sample code is generating chart with proper label display.

Could you please guide what might be wrong settings?

Thanks

Srinivas

Hi Siriniva,

Thank you for providing your sample code.

You are using a very old version of Aspose.Cells for Java component. New API is far more stable than the version mentioned in your post, and it also include many enhanced features including the handling of XLSX files.

I would suggest you to please download Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) the latest release and give a try to the new Jar files. You may need to alter you code a bit. Please check the below provided source code and attached resultant file.

Java

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

Worksheet sheet = workbook.getWorksheets().add(“test”);

//Adding some sample value to cells
Cells cells = sheet.getCells();
Cell cell = cells.get(“A1”);
cell.setValue(50);
cell = cells.get(“A2”);
cell. setValue (100);
cell = cells.get(“A3”);
cell.setValue(150);
cell = cells.get(“B1”);
cell.setValue(4);
cell = cells.get(“B2”);
cell.setValue(20);
cell = cells.get(“B3”);
cell.setValue(50);

//Adding a chart to the worksheet
int chartIndex = sheet.getCharts().add(ChartType.COLUMN_3_D,0,0,21,11);
Chart chart = sheet.getCharts().get(chartIndex);
SeriesCollection serieses = chart.getNSeries();
serieses.add(“A1:B3”, true);
//Setting the title of category axis of the chart
Axis categoryAxis = chart.getCategoryAxis();
Title title = categoryAxis.getTitle();
title.setText(“Category”);

//Setting the title of value axis of the chart
Axis valueAxis = chart.getValueAxis();
title = valueAxis.getTitle();
title.setText(“Value”);
chart.getChartShape().setPlacement(PlacementType.MOVE);

System.out.println(chart.getNSeries().getCount());
for (int i = 0; i < chart.getNSeries().getCount(); i++)
{
Series series = chart.getNSeries().get(i);
series.setGapWidth((short) 25);
}

//Saving the Excel file
try {
workbook.save(“C:\temp\book1x2.xlsx”);
} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();

}
Please check the attached spreadsheet on your end with Excel 2010 and Excel 2007 programs, and feed us back.