We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Chart loses lower section of the X-axis in Chart's PDF

Hello,

I am using Aspose.Cells v8.6.2.4 to generate PDF of chart - Group_quarterly_organic in the attached excel file. In the PDF output, the lower section of Chart's X-axis does not appear properly, it is trimmed off.

Following code is used to generate the output:

void chartToPDF() throws Exception {
Workbook workbook = new Workbook("test.xlsx");
WorksheetCollection ws = workbook.getWorksheets();
String worksheetName = "Sales charts";
Chart chart = ws.get(worksheetName).getCharts().get("Group_quarterly_organic");
chart.toPdf("D:\\test.pdf");
}

Can you please analyse this issue.

Thanks,
Neha

Hi Neha,

Thank you for sharing the sample spreadsheet.

We have evaluated the presented scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.6.2.4, and we are able to replicate the said problem on our side, that is; lower portion of the X-Axis labels are getting trimmed in resultant PDF. We have logged this incident as CELLSJAVA-41646 in our bug tracking system for further investigation. Please allow us some time for proper analysis. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Hi,

Is there any update on this?

This is a customer reported production issue with higher severity and customer is asking us for its immediate fix.

Can you please look into this on priority?

Thanks,
Neeraj

Hi Neeraj,

The problem logged earlier as CELLSJAVA-41646 is currently in progress, however, no ETA has been shared by the product team. We have logged your comments to the aforementioned ticket and have requested the concerned member of the product team to share the ETA for the fix. As soon as we receive further updates, we will post here for your kind reference.
Hi.

Please try our latest version/ fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.6.3.2

We have improved Excel to PDF rendering further. But still it is not the same as MS Excel. We will further look into it in coming week(s).

Thank you.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tested this issue with Aspose.Cells v8.6.3.2. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved. The lower labels on X-axis are almost completely trimmed.

I have attached the PDF taken using Aspose.Cells v8.6.3.2.

Can you please analyse this issue further.

Thanks,
Neha

Hi Neha,

Thank you for your feedback. We have notified the concerned member of the product team regarding your comments. Please note, the ticket attached to this thread is already open because we have scheduled the improvements with future releases of the API. As soon as we receive further updates in this regard, we will notify you here.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.6.3.6 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41646) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hello,

I have tested this issue with the latest version of Aspose – Aspose.Cells v8.7.0.4

Although the output has improved, the lower section is not getting trimmed but unfortunately, in the PDF output, the chart is still not the same as actual chart. There is some space below the x-axis labels in actual chart but in the PDF output, there is no space below the x-axis labels.

In Aspose.Cells v8.6.3.6, although the PDF output didn’t exactly match the actual chart but still it was better than what it is now with v8.7.0.4. Instead of getting improved, the output has deteriorated.

I have attached the PDFs generated using v8.6.3.6 and v8.7.0.4. I have also attached a screenshot comparing the PDF-v8.7.0.4 with the actual chart.

Can you please analyse this issue?

Thanks,
Neha

Hi Neha,

Thank you for writing back.

We have logged your recent concerns about the spacing below the horizontal axis as a separate ticket with CELLSJAVA-41761. We will soon analyze the case to revert back with updates in this regard.

@neergupta ,

Please try our latest version aspose.cells-for-java-21.6.
Your issue(filed as CELLSJAVA-41761) should be fixed now.
Let us know your feedback