Chart replaced with red X when converting XLSX to ODS

Hi,

I am trying to convert an XLSX document to an ODS document using Aspose.Cells for Java 18.2.0. The chart contained in the document gets replaced with a red X after the conversion. I have attached the file here.

xlsx.zip (8.8 KB)

Cheers.

@simon.wiseman

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

We were able to observe this issue as per your description and found the error. We have logged this issue in our database for product team’s investigation and for a fix. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other news for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-42547 - Chart is replaced with Red X when converting XLSX to ODS

Java

Workbook wb = new Workbook(dirPath + "xlsx.xlsx");
wb.save(dirPath + "output.ods");

@simon.wiseman

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback.

The fix (18.2.8) doesn’t resolve this error for me. I’m still getting a red X when converting XLSX to ODS.

@simon.wiseman,

Please make sure that you are using latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v18.2.8 (link is already shared in previous posts), you may even print the version number at the start before using the original code if you are using the correct version.
e.g
Sample code:

System.out.println(CellsHelper.getVersion()) ;
Workbook wb = new Workbook("xlsx.xlsx");
wb.save("output1.ods");

I did test your scenario/case using your file and above code and it works fine. The output ODS file has chart in tact. I have also attached the output ODS file for your reference.
file1.zip (7.0 KB)

Cheers for the quick response. I’ve figured out the discrepancy; if I open the file within LibreOffice, I can see the graph. However, when I try to open it in Office Excel 2016, I still get the red cross.

Also, just so you are aware, I am using Aspose Cells v18.2.8 for Java, not for .NET

@simon.wiseman

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose APIs.

We were able to observe this issue on Microsoft Excel 2016 and logged your comment. We will look into it further and fix it. Once, there is some news for you, we will update you asap.

@simon.wiseman,

This is to inform you that we will soon provide you a new version/fix in the next few days (2-3 days or so) that would also address your current issue of output ODS file (“red X (for chart) in MS Excel 2016”).

Keep in touch.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42547) have been fixed in this Aspose.Cells for Java 18.3 update. Please also check the <a href="Installation|Documentation

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42547) have been fixed in this Aspose.Cells for Java 18.3 update. Please also check the document for your reference: Installation|Documentation

Looks good, thanks.

@simon.wiseman,

Your are welcome.