Chart�s legend becomes shrunk if I use shape.UpperLeftRow method

<!–[if gte mso 10]> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

<![endif]–>

Hi Aspose team.

Sorry for swarming you with my issues but this one is quite critical for me and I was unable to find any workarounds for it.

Here is the situation: I’m composing a report. It contains some information (top), a chart (middle) and the data table (bottom). The problem is – I have to use shape.UpperLeftRow to reposition the chart into the appropriate row. In the attachment you can find a simple application which performs moving method. This app contains a report template with three charts and the data table. Differences in charts only in the properties shown in the screenshot (ChartProperties.jpg):

- left chart has “Move and size with cells”

- middle has “Move but don’t size with cells”

- right one has “Don’t move or size with cells”.

Of course in real life I’m using only one chart, I’ve included three of them just to show the differences I’ve encouraged.

As you may see in the attached screenshot (ProcessedReport.jpg) the left chart was positioned into incorrect row (71 instead of 70). But the legend stays intact.

Middle and right charts are positioned correctly but the legend became shrunk resulting to show less data than it could. Also I’ve noticed the fact that the chart with “Don’t move or size with cells” sometimes positioned in incorrect row depending from the row number (but in this app I was unable to reproduce).

The problem is – I cannot use “Move and size with cells” option for chart since at the last step I’m changing column widths to make data table nice looking which results to resizing of the chart.

So the only acceptable option I was able to find for my report is “Move but don’t size with cells” but it has major issue for me – legend is resized (sometimes it even overlaps the chart depending from the amount of data-series or length of the strings).

Could you please take a look and give me a feedback? Maybe I’m doing something wrong (i.e. if shape has something else than UpperLeftRow to reposition the chart). Also it would be nice if you could clarify if it is only an Excel 2003 format issue. But unfortunately I cannot switch to 2010 since some guys in the world are still using legacy Office…

Versions during the test: Aspose.Cells for .Net v7.0.2.0, Windows 7 professional 64-bit, Office 2010 32-bit.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

After a simple test using your project, I can notice the issue(s) you mentioned. I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSNET-40195. We will look into your mentioned issues and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.4.1, we have fixed your issue now.

Thank you,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40195) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.