Chart series name is modified if data comes from a merged cell

Hello,

If I save a chart as image and it’s series data comes from a merged cell, the data is lost after generation. Only the leftmost cell retains it’s data since that cell can be considered the original one.

Here is the code used to reproduce this issue, along with the file provided:
---------------
var workbook = new Workbook(“testFile.xlsx”);
var worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];
const string chartName = “Chart 1”;

var chart = worksheet.Charts.FirstOrDefault(x => chartName.Equals(x.Name, StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase));
if (chart == null)
return;

chart.ToImage().Save(“out.png”);
---------------

InternalId: 27412

Best regards,
Jean-Alexandru Stanescu
Junior Developer
IBM Romania

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template file and sample code.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. I found if a chart’s series data comes from a merged cell, the data is lost after converting chart to image. Only the leftmost cell retains its data since that cell can be considered the original one.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-44009” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-44009 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44009) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.