ChartEx problem with 4.4.0

Hello there,

I was checking new .Net version (4.4.0) and I think it’s a huge improvement, anyway there are still some issues with charts there. There are three files attached, each containing one slide with excel data base chart. They are all converted from ppt to pptx by MS PowerPoint 2010.

I used following code for slide cloning in .Net console application:
static void Main(string[] args)
{
Aspose.Slides.License license = new Aspose.Slides.License();
license.SetLicense(“Aspose.Slides.lic”);

try
{
Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx presIn = new Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx(“MoC1.pptx”);
// Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx presIn = new Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx(“MoC2.pptx”);
// Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx presIn = new Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx(“MoC3.pptx”);

Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx presOut = new Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx();
presOut.Slides.RemoveAt(0);

foreach (Aspose.Slides.Pptx.SlideEx slide in presIn.Slides)
{
presOut.Slides.AddClone(slide);
}

presOut.Save(“Output.pptx”, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pptx);
}
catch(System.Exception e)
{
Console.WriteLine(e);
}
}

In case of MoC1.pptx there is System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

In case of MoC2.pptx there is PptxUnsupportedFormatException: Not a Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 presentation. —> Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PptxReadException: Error reading “/ppt/
charts/chart1.xml” xml part —> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

In case of MoC3.pptx there is no exception but the chart in output presentation is different size and there is incorrect color of chart legend and there are missing data labels for all bars there.

Can you please check it?
Thank you

Hello again,

I have also find out there’s a problem generating thumbnail (SlideEx.GetThumbnail(…)) for slides containing excel data based charts. It generates pink rectangle in place of chart. You can see it in an attachment. Is there any overhead?

Thank you.

Dear Andrej,

I have worked with the presentation files shared by you and have been able to reproduce all the issue as mentioned by you and it seems to be an inconsistency in Aspose.Slides for .NET. An issue with ID 21389 has already been created in our issue tracking system to resolve the PptxUnsupportedFormatException issue with MoC1.pptx and MC2.pptx. In order to resolve the slide cloning issue with MoC3.pptx, an issue with ID 21459 has been created in our issue tracking system. As you have shared that you obtain the Pink box when converted slide to thumbnail or generate the PDF. Actuallu, the chart rendering is currently unavailable in Aspose.Slides for .NET and an issue with ID 13292 has already been created in our issue tracking system to resole the problem. This thread has also been linked with all of mentioned issues, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issues are resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Dear Mudassir,

any chance that the issues 21389 and 13292 get resolved soon?

Regards, Frank

Dear Frank,

I feel sorry to share that I have verified from our issue tracking system and have found both of mentioned issues to be unresolved so far. Hoever, I have requested our development team to share the updated status on the issue. As soon as some information is shared by them, I will be happy to share that with you.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 21459;21389) have been fixed in this intermediate release of Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.4.6.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi -

We are seeing this issue in aspose-slides-2.7.0-java.

When will it be resolved? This is a showstopper for us.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Please include all Jar files shared in the attachments of the shared link. The file name is Jar Files.rar. Please also download the latest available version of Aspose.Slides for Java 2.8.1 as well. Please try using the specified jar files and hopefully things will be fine. If the issue still exists then kindly share the source presentation along with code snippet and generated output for further investigation.

Many Thanks,