We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Charts column headings changed after opening and saving existing presentation

The attached presentation file has a single slide with four charts displayed on it. All of the charts have 6 columns, with the fourth column being blank (no data, no heading).

If we use Aspose.Slides to open the presentation and then immediately resave it, with no other changes, the fourth column suddenly has a heading - “Column20”. The attached Word document has an image in it that shows the difference.

Oddly, if we instead resave the file into PDF format, the column heading stays blank, like it should. Can this be fixed?

Thanks,

Michael Whalen

Hi Tyler,

I have worked with the presentation file using Aspose.Slides for .NET 16.10.0 and have been able to reproduce the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-38078 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been associated with the ticket so that we may share the notification with you once issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-38078) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Thank you for fixing this issue. We have a new problem with this fix, however - the behavior changed when you save it as a PDF.

Before, after saving the document with Aspose.Slides as a PowerPoint presentation, the chart headings were not being displayed correctly, but after saving it as a PDF, the chart headings were correct. After this fix, saving the document as a PowerPoint presentation correctly preserves the chart headings, but now if you save it as a PDF, the chart headings are changed in the same way as they were before the fix for presentations.

To repro this new situation, all you need to do is open the original file attached to this thread with Aspose.Slides and save it as a PDF, like:

Dim Presentation As New Aspose.Slides.Presentation(SourceFile)

Presentation.Save(DestFile, Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf)

Can someone take a look at this and see if we can get the correct behavior for both saving as a presentation and as a PDF?

Thanks,

Michael Whalen

Hi Michael Whalen,

I have observed the information shared by you and suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 16.12.0 on your end first. If there is still an issue then please share the generated PDF along with snapshot pointing towards issue. We will investigate that further on our end to help you out.

Many Thanks,

I updated to the latest version of Aspose before testing this. The issue is occurring with Aspose.Slides for .NET 16.12.1, so we’re already using a newer version than the one you suggest.

Thanks,

Michael Whalen

Hi Michael Whalen,

I have observed your comments. Can you please share the generated PDF along with snapshot pointing towards issue. We will investigate that further on our end to help you out.

Best Regards,

I’ve attached the generated PDF and a PNG image. The image contains one of the charts from both the original document and the PDF document, with the difference in the chart headings circled in red.

It’s pretty obvious if you look at the chart headings, and it’s exactly the same problem we were having before, except now it happens when you save as a PDF instead of as a presentation. Our clients need to be able to do both while maintaining document integrity. Please give it a try - the change in the chart headings is plainly there.

Thanks,

Michael Whalen

Hi Michael Whalen,

I have worked with the presentation file using Aspose.Slides for .NET 16.12.0 and have been able to reproduce the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-38274 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been associated with the ticket so that we may share the notification with you once issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-38274) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.