Charts in Cells/Word/Slide

Hi,

I have used Aspose Cells to successfully create the charts that we need in our export.

I am now looking to do the same in Word And Slides.

Looking at the differences between Words Charts and Cells Charts, i.e.

Aspose.Words.Drawing.Charts and

Aspose.Cells.Charts

Words.Drawing.Charts has a lot less functionality than Aspose.Cells.Charts. For example, with Word it does not seem possible to set axis information (such as log x axis or even set an axis title). Although this is actually possible in Word itself.

Is it possible to create the element using Aspose.Cells and then insert it into Word (as a chart object – not image) perhaps by extracting the OOXML/DrawingML or something else OLE? Or inserting an Excel document (containing a chart) into Word?

Also, I’m looking as Aspose.Slides too as I would like to creates slides with my charts and see that that has more Chart members than Aspose.Words.

These issues also mention this but the threads do not explain what functionality is now available:

Converting Cells Chart into Words DrawingML

Or do you have a timeline when you will add the charting functionality that is available in Cells and Slide to Word?

Thank you

Hi Darren,

Charts were not supported by older versions of Aspose.Words however we have recently introduced charts related features in the latest version of Aspose.Words (i.e. 15.6.0). Please check http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Working+with+Charts for more details on how to create charts using Aspose.Words.

As far as copying chart from Excel to Word is concerned, you can copy the chart as an image only. There is no way to copy it as Word chart. You need to use Aspose.Words features to create Word charts as mentioned before.

Please check http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/slidesnet/Working+with+Charts for more details on how to create PowerPoint charts using Aspose.Slides.

Please also note that chart feature in Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Slides are matured as compared to Aspose.Words but more features (related to charts) will be added in future releases of Aspose.Words.

Best Regards,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you have a timeline for improving Word Charts? (We are considering purchasing the product but would need functionality to control axes title and type.)

Hi Darren,

Can you please share a screenshot to show your requirements in the chart (axes title and type)?

Best Regards,

Thanks, I’ve posted example data in new private post.

Hi Darren,

Please follow your private thread for further details on this topic.

Best Regards,