Charts in PDF

Hi ,

I wish to know if we can make charts using aspose.pdf or we will have to use aspose.cell to create worksheet and then convert it to pdf. Also I am facing size issues when I am converting excel to pdf.

Please help.

Abhi

Hi,

I don’t think Aspose.Pdf for Java has any built-in module to create Excel charts. And, your understanding is correct, Aspose.Cells for Java can create or manipulate Excel charts, you may use the product to create the charts on the fly and the render PDF file (the product supports this feature as well).

Please try our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.3.0.4

If you find any issue, kindly give us your template Excel and output PDF files here, we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.

also I am finding some issues with size fixing in pdf. It is all fine in excel but some issues on fitting the charts in pdf. can you please suggest some of the tips on this.

I have found for .net something like below

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Courier New”;
color:#333333;background:white”>sheet.PageSetup.Zoom = 67;

sheet.PageSetup.LeftMarginInch = .5;

sheet.PageSetup.RightMarginInch = .5;

sheet.PageSetup.TopMargin = .5;

sheet.PageSetup.BottomMargin = .5;

sheet.PageSetup.PaperSize = <span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Courier New”;color:#2B91AF;background:
white”>PaperSizeType<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Courier New”;
color:#333333;background:white”>.PaperLegal;

sheet.PageSetup.Orientation = <span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Courier New”;color:#2B91AF;background:
white”>PageOrientationType<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:
“Courier New”;color:#333333;background:white”>.Landscape;<span style=“font-size:9.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;color:#333333;
background:white”><o:p></o:p>

do we have same for Java? Please reply.

Hi,

also I am finding some issues with size fixing in pdf. It is all fine in excel but some issues on fitting the charts in pdf. can you please suggest some of the tips on this.
The PDF generated by Aspose.Cells for .NET is based on what is seen in Print Preview in MS Excel.
Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.0.6
If you still find the issue, kindly save the excel file and give us your output PDF file here, we will check it soon.

And, please see the parallel JAVA code (using Aspose.Cells for JAVA, e.g v7.3.0.0 (you may download from the site’s “Download” module)):

sheet.getPageSetup().setLeftMarginInch(.5);
sheet.getPageSetup().setRightMarginInch(.5);
sheet.getPageSetup().setTopMargin(.5);
sheet.getPageSetup().setBottomMargin(.5);
sheet.getPageSetup().setPaperSize(PaperSizeType.PAPER_LEGAL);
sheet.getPageSetup().setOrientation(PageOrientationType.LANDSCAPE);