Chat messages with foreign characters shows "?" in place of foreign characters when save MailMessage

Hello
I am using Aspose.Email.MailMessage to get the exported “Eml” in our platform.
In our platform we are first creating the html of the document and then imposing that html to the body part of mail.
However some of the foreign characters which looks fine in html but when it generate “EML” out of it , shows “?” in place of foreign character.

Through our investigation we observed this–>
1> The same sample, eml is not having any issue with aspose library version email-16.11.0-jdk16.jar

2> The same sample, eml is having issue with Aspose Email version 19.2 (advance version than 16.11 ). When we tried in older version, all foreign characters are coming fine but with 19.2 version (also i tried with 19.10 latest version) we are seeing issues.

Below is the sample code which can reproduce the issue on aspose library version email-19.2 and latest version 19.10
Note: Kindly put the html file in the similar location -->"/home/" , file name is “aspose.html” (for me its home/test/aspose.html)

I am also attaching zip file which contain java file(which you need to execute ) and html file(keep on similar above location)asposeIssue.zip (2.9 KB)

@tarun.smarsh658,

I have observed your requirements and request you to please share the output file generated on your end using latest Aspose.Email for Java 19.10. Please also share the Operating System details as well on your end.

@mudassir.fayyaz Thanks for the quick response.
OS details are as follows :
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
Release: 16.04
Codename: xenial

Output file generated using aspose file : aspose_eml.zip (1.8 KB)

@tarun.smarsh658,

I like to inform that we have created an issue with ID EMAILJAVA-34615 in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once issue will be fixed.

Hello @Adnan.Ahmad
May i know any updates for this ticket or what will be the ETA .
I am not able to track anything regarding the ticket you have created EMAILJAVA-34615

Thanks in advance.

@tarun.smarsh658,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that at present the issue is still unresolved. We request for your patience till the time the issue gets resolved and feedback is shared.

@mudassir.fayyaz Do we get any update for this issue ??

@tarun.smarsh658,

Thanks for contacting support. I like to inform that this issue has been resolved in Aspose.Email 19.11, which will be released soon. I request for your patience.

Thanks @Adnan.Ahmad for your quick response.
Please update here once the Aspose.Email 19.11 will release.

Thanks

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILJAVA-34615) have been fixed in this update.

Hi,

We see that the issue is not fixed completely. Please take a look at “aspose.eml” file in the zip (also the screenshot attached). Also please find aspose.html and SampleEmailAsposeTest.java file to reproduce this eml. We also found regression on special characters. Please find the corresponding files in its folder in the zip.

We are seeing this since Aspose 19.12 till the latest 20.2

image.png (48.4 KB)
asposeFailures.zip (16.4 KB)

@abhiroyg,

I have observed the new information shared by you. We have created a new ticket with ID EMAILJAVA-34664 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Hey Mudassir,
Can you confirm me please whether the issue has resolved or not yet. If possible ,can you tell the timeline for this.

@tarun.smarsh658,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and like to share that issue has not yet been fixed and will share the good news with you as soon as it will be addressed.

Hi @mudassir.fayyaz
Can you please confirm whether the issue has been resolved or not ? If possible, can you please provide a timeline for this ?

@abhiroyg,

You need to use MailMessage.setHtmlBody method with true detectEncoding argument:

Changes in public API:

Sets html body content text.
detectEncoding - Detect body encoding if no encoding is specified for the MailMessage.

MailMessage.setHtmlBody(String value, boolean detectEncoding)

@mudassir.fayyaz

May I know from which Aspose version is this change implemented ?

@abhiroyg,

Please try using the latest Aspose.Email for Java 20.3 on your end.