Check PDF/A compliance in Java

Hi,
we have found that in the latest aspose.pdf for .NET you have implemented the Validate method that permits to check the PDF/A compliance of a document.

Is there an equivalent function in the Aspose.Total for Java? If not, when this feature will be added?

Thank you in advance

Hello Nicolò,

Thanks for using our products.

The recent release versions of Aspose.Pdf for .NET contains the combined features of Aspose.Pdf for .NET (Legacy) and Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET so this single component now provides the capabilities to create as well as manipulate existing PDF documents. However in case of Java platform, currently we do not have a merged API which can be used to create and manipulate PDF documents. There in order to manipulate/edit existing PDF documents, you will have to work with Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java.

I am afraid the requested feature is currently not supported in Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java but for the sake of implementation, I have logged it as PDFKITJAVA-30057 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Is the feature of Check PDF/A compliance still not available in JAVA?

Michael

Hi Michael,

I’m sorry to share with you that this feature is currently not available in the Java version. Also, I’m afraid, we’re unable to share the ETA of this feature at the moment.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi

I see that this message-thread is around two years old.

I would like to check whether PDF/A is supported using Java?

I can’t seem to find any examples on this.

Any feedback?

Thanks
Ruan

Hi Ruan,

Thanks for contacting support.

The current autoported Aspose.Pdf for Java was published in April-2013 and its ported from its sibling Aspose.Pdf for .NET. The conversion of PDF to PDF/A_1b is supported in Aspose.Pdf for .NET but I am afraid this feature is currently not supported in Aspose.Pdf for Java. With every new release, we are working on porting the features to Aspose.Pdf for .NET to Java versions but I am afraid PDF to PDF/A_1b is not yet ported. For the sake of implementation, its already been logged in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWJAVA-33606.

As soon as we have made some significant progress towards its implementation, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWJAVA-33606) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(2)