Checkboxes checked in a DOCX document appear unchecked when saved into PDF with Aspose Words 13.2.0 on linux

We produce PDF documents from Word documents in DOCX format. Some documents contains checkboxes. The checkboxes are never checked in the resulting PDFs.

We use Word 2010 especially for checkbox, because it was resolving another problem. When the PDFs are produced with AsposeWords on Windows developement machine, the PDFs appears corrects, checkboxes are checked when needed.

Checkboxes checked in a DOCX document appear unchecked when saved into PDF on SUSE linux with Webpshere Application Server 7. A checked checkbox correspond to this portion of the Word DOCX :

<w:sdt>
<w:sdtPr>
<w:id w:val="-828835408"/>
<w14:checkbox>
<w14:checked w14:val="1"/>
<w14:checkedState w14:val="2612" w14:font="MS Gothic"/>
<w14:uncheckedState w14:val="2610" w14:font="MS Gothic"/>
</w14:checkbox>
</w:sdtPr>
<w:sdtEndPr/>
<w:sdtContent>
<w:r w:rsidR="0052053A">
<w:rPr>
<w:rFonts w:ascii="MS Gothic" w:eastAsia="MS Gothic" w:hAnsi="MS Gothic" w:hint="eastAsia"/>
</w:rPr>
<w:t>☒</w:t>
</w:r>
</w:sdtContent>
</w:sdt>

The PDFs are saved with the code below :

var documentEntree : InputStream
var doc = new com.aspose.words.Document(documentEntree)

FontSettings.setDefaultFontName("MS Gothic")

var options = new PdfSaveOptions()
options.WarningCallback = new AsposeDocumentsWarningHandler()
doc.save(sortie, options)

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java i.e. 13.5.0, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from the following link:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/java

I hope, this helps.

Best regards,