Checkboxes on word shows some weird symbols

Hello All

I am using trial version of aspose words.

I am integrating aspose words in my application for creating the checkboxes for the boolean values. It is working fine on local server but shows some weird symbols on the production server.

Please help me as the site is live…

Thanx in advance…

(Please see the attached document for further reference).

Hi

Thanks for your request. Please make sure that Wingdings 2 font is installed on the PC where you perform conversion. If not, please try to install Wingdings2 font. This should fix the problem. Please let me know in case of any issues.

Best regards,

Hello All

I know its too late reply. I have sucessfully integrated your product and purchased the license against it.

Site is going to live but i found one major issue in this.

If i put 1 OR 0 value in any of the textbox, then checkbox appears in the textbox Don’t know why…

Please help me as the site is going to live and we have major textbox fields with the field label as Quantity and field value as 0 OR 1.

Hope for the quick reply

Bye and take care

Hi

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach a sample template and provide sample code that will allow us to reproduce the problem? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Respected Sir

Sorry for the late reply…

I am attaching the source code and sample document along this…

Please reply me as soon as possible

Thanks in advance

Deepak Gupta

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for additional information. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the problem on my side. I used the latest version of Aspose.Words for testing. You can download the latest version from here:

https://downloads.aspose.com/words/net

Have you tried installing Wingdings 2 font as it was suggested earlier.

Best regards,

Respected Sir

I have downloaded and integrated the latest version of aspose dll but still the problem persists.
There are some more issues that need to be checked :-

1. Sometimes we are facing the font size issue(characters are showing in bold letters) in some of the documents. I have attached the document and PDF for the same. Please let me know how could i resolve that.

2. We are using the license version of Aspose. Below is the details
    Product - Aspose.Words for .NET
    SKU - 1000335
    Pricing Plan - Developer Enterprise Subscription
    But when i am integrating the license with the new dll, it asked me to purchase a new license.
    It works till 9.3.0.0 version but not above that.

Please let me know how could i resolved all the above issues.

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your request. Could you please create a simple application that will allow us to reproduce the problems? We will check the issues and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hello there

We have create a demo application regarding all the issues. Please find the attached files along this.

Steps for reproducing issues :-

1. Open Solution and run it with default.aspx as setup startup page.
  2. On any of the textbox, type 1 and then click on default document on the below. When PDF is created on the fly, checkbox will appear on the textbox.
  3. Uncomment the code for license version of aspose pdf at default.aspx.
//License license = new License();
//license.SetLicense("Aspose.Words.lic");

We will get the following error :-

The subscription included in this license allows free upgrades until 03 Nov 2010, but this version of the product was released on 30 Aug 2011. Please renew the subscription or use a previous version of the product.

Please have a look of the code and let us know where we are wrong.

Hello

Thank you for additional information. If you try debugging your application you will see that e.FieldValue is always zero. So I think this problem is not related to Aspose.Words, there is some problem with the data in the datasorce which you are using for MailMerge.

Regarding your license. Every Aspose license carries one-year subscription for free upgrades to new versions released during this time. So, you can check the expiration date of your license and upgrade to the newest version. To check an expiration date of your license open the license file using notepad. You will see the following tags:

It means that you can free upgrade to version of Aspose.Words published before 11/30/2010.

Best regards,