Chinese becomes block after my customer converts txt into xps

Hello,

When my customer uses Aspose.Words for .NET 11.8, Chinese becomes block after he converts txt into xps. See attachment.

The Chinese characters appear normal on Windows 7 or Windows 8. But when he tested it on Window Serve 2008 R2, the Chinese appears messy.

Does he need to install some fonts? How can he solve the problem?

Hi Daisy,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Could you please also double check if you are using the latest version (11.7.0)? You can dynamically check if you’re referencing the correct DLL by using the following code snippet:

System.Reflection.Assembly[] assemblies = AppDomain.CurrentDomain.GetAssemblies();
foreach (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly in assemblies)
{
System.Reflection.AssemblyName assemblyName = assembly.GetName();
if (assemblyName.Name.Contains(“Aspose.Words”))
Console.WriteLine("Aspose.Words Version Number: " + assemblyName.Version.ToString());
}

Secondly, yes, Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts when rendering documents and otherwise it performs fonts substitution during rendering a document. So, if the font is not available when the document is rendered, it will be replaced with an alternative font which can destroy Chinese text. To overcome this problem, you please simply install a Chinese font on the machine, where rendering of the document is performed.

Best Regards,

Hello,

1. After my customer installs fonts in Server2008, Chinese appears normal when he converts txt into xps. However, there is still messy code when he converts txt into xps in Server2008 English version.
2.It is found that
a) when converting txt to xps, some txt will lead to NullReferenceException. Attached is the test code and documentation.

b)when the text is empty ( click the mouse right button——create a new text without typing anything), converting txt to xps will lead to NullReferenceException.

Please help me solve these issues.

Many thanks!

Hi Daisy,

Thanks for your inquiry. I managed to reproduce this exception during loading your text file into Aspose.Words’ DOM on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-7100. Your request has been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7100) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.