Is there any reason why Chinese characters would not render to a spreadsheet cell using the PutValue() method? I can see the characters in my browser window, and I can also render them to Word and PDF using Aspose.Words and Aspose.PDF.
It's very strange. We are Chinese developers and make Aspose.Cells on Chinese WinXP.
Which version of Aspose.Cells are you using? What's the error when you try to use PutValue to render Chinese characters?
What happens if you run the following code?
Workbook wb = new Workbook();
That works fine on my system, and I’m actually having trouble recreating this problem. One of our customers is experiencing this issue. They’ve indicated that Excel exports work, which also uses the Aspose.Cells component. The only difference between those PutValue() methods is that I’m taking advantage of the “isConverted” parameter in this case. Utilizing this parameter hasn’t affected my computer, but could this possibly be the problem?
1. What's the exact problem in your customers' place? Do those Chinese characters show incorrectly or the output file is corrupt? And do they save the file with Excel native format?
2. Which version of Aspose.Cells is he using? Does he use Aspose.Cells in a web application or a desktop application?
3. For this issue, I don't think there are any differences for using "isConverted" parameter or not.
4. This problem may be caused by encoding. When using PutValue method to populate chinese text, text should be in Unicode encoding.
5. We have tens of customers from China Mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan and I don't find they report similiar problems. So could you ask your customer to give us a simple test case to show the problem? That will help us to figure out the problem much more easily. Thank you very much.