We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Chinese characters are changed after comparing documents using .NET

We are using version 17.7 and the latest one is 20.3. However, version 20.3 does not resolve the issue, but rather makes it worse.

In order to prove the error I have used two methods: the first method was to use a public Aspose Words repo in github: https://github.com/aspose-words/Aspose.Words-for-.NET. This repo has a comparer that can run locally. I was able to change the project to use various versions of the library, and this is the summary:

  • The last version that works is version 16.8.0. This version correctly redlines the Chinese text that was changed, instead of a complete chunk.
  • The issue is introduced in version 16.10.0 (for some reason, version 16.9.0 is not available, not for .Net and not for Java).
  • The latest version, 20.3 (and its predecessors) makes the issue worst, redlines the whole Chinese text.

See attached imagesv16.8.0(expected-behavior).png (144.9 KB)
v20.3(error-most-recent-version).png (339.5 KB)
v17.7(error-on-our-current-version).png (225.3 KB)

@ali.hafez

To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

  • Your input Word document.
  • Please attach the output Word file that shows the undesired behavior.
  • Please attach the expected output Word file that shows the desired behavior.
  • Please create a standalone console application ( source code without compilation errors ) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.

To reproduce the issue we are using the code base published in Github:

This has a sample comparison project that allows to reproduce the error. Although the published project

is in .Net, we are experiencing the same issues in Java.

To reproduce the error we compare two documents

  • v1.docx: this is the original document
  • v2.docx: this is the modified document

We want Aspose Words to highlight the changes between one document and the other.

We believe that this issue was introduced between version 16.8.0 and 16.10.0

We are attaching the following:

  • Word document v1.docx: original document
  • Word document v2.docx: modified document
  • Image “Document OK.png”: The desired output
  • Image “Document Error.png”: The output error
  • Document_Comparison_by_Aspose_Words_for_NET: sample .Net project to reproduce the issue (downloaded from the github repository indicated above)

Aspose Words issue.zip (1.7 MB)

@ali.hafez

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-20273. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thank you, @tahir.manzoor

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-20273) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.6 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.6 update.