Chinese characters are incorrect in generated thumbnail

Chinese characters within a powerpoint document when converted show as square box while other charaacters (e.g. Korean, Japanese, English & etc) will be rendered properly. Please try the attached file. This is with the latest Aspose Slides library jar file.

Thanks
ung

Chinese characters within a powerpoint document when converted show as square box while other charaacters (e.g. Korean, Japanese, English & etc) will be rendered properly

Hi Ung,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for Java 8.4.0 on my end and have exported that to PDF. I have not been able to observe the issue on my end. It seems that you are missing SimSun font on your end. Please install SimSun fonts on your end to serve the purpose.

Many Thanks,

Mudassir,

If we are not using SimSun, and instead we are using Monotype fonts, does the aspose library automatically pick that font or we need to set it as a substitute? If so what API call to make.

Thanks
ung

Hi Ung,

I like to share that Aspose.Slides renders with Arial font by default if used font is unavailable in environment that you are using. We also offer to set the default rendering font as well but you must ensure that selected font is available in your environment.

LoadOptions lo=new LoadOptions();
lo.setDefaultRegularFont(“name”);
lo.setDefaultAsianFont(“nmae”);
PresentationEx pres=new PresentationEx(presName,lo);
pres.save(“new.pdf”,SaveFormat.Pdf);

Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Mudassir,

I did try the lo.setDefaultAsianFont(“nmae”); with a couple of Monotype chinese fonts:

1. CSongL18030_C.ttf
2. MSungM18030_C.ttf

The fonts were placed along with rest of the Monotyoe fonts, tried converting and it did not pick the font. Are there any other settings that’s required to get this working?

Thanks
ung

Hi Ung,

I have observed the requirements shared by you and regret to share that at present the support for Monotype fonts is unavailable in Aspose.Slides for .NET and Java. For this reason, you are unable to use them in your application using Aspose.Slides for Java. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33955 has been created in our issue tracking system to provide the support for requested fonts type. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the requested support will be available.

Many Thanks,

When you say support for Monotype fonts is unavailable in Aspose.Slides, I’m assuming you meant the Monotype Asian Font support?

Thanks
ung

Hi Ung,

I have also observed that you have tried setting the following two fonts as default rendering fonts. Can you please share them with us along with sample presentation and generated output. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out.

• CSongL18030_C.ttf
  • MSungM18030_C.ttf

Many Thanks,

Mudassir,The code used was only with the asian font setting as below:

FontsLoader.loadExternalFonts(new String[]{getFontPath()});
LoadOptions loadOptions = new LoadOptions();
loadOptions.setDefaultAsianFont("MSungM18030_C.ttf");
Presentation pres = new Presentation(uploadedFile, loadOptions);

...then save .

This does not work. Have attached the files. Let me know if you could get it working.

Thanks

ung

Hi Ung,

Thanks for sharing the details with us. Can you please share the generated PDF and also the expected output PDF with us so that I may add ticket in our issue tracking system for investigation.

Many Thanks,

I noticed that you already have opened an issue related to this SLIDESJAVA-33955. If you do open another issue do let me know the issue ID.

I have attached the converted png, having said that, the aspose.slides libs are used just for slide to image(jpg/png) conversion and not to PDF.

We would also be using many other Asian fonts. Could you let us know which of these fonts are going to be supported by ASPOSE and if the same asian fonts would be supported by the othe libraries like (cells, word and pdf)

Here is the list of Monotype Asian Fonts:

Chinese:

1. CSongL18030_C.ttf

2. MSungHK-Light.ttf

3. MSungM18030_C.ttf

Traditional Chinese:

1. MSungHK-Light.ttf

Japanese:

1. HeiseiMinchoW3_JIS0213_C.ttf

2. MTXm3kp.ttf

Korean:

1. FBBlueMingL.ttf

2. H2MJRL.TTF

Thanks

ung

Hi Ung,

Thanks for sharing the information with us. I like to share that SLIDESJAVA-33955 has been created for Monotype’s TrueType fonts that are not supported by Aspose.Slides. For that, we need the fonts that you have specified in your last post on our end to verify and test. So far, you have have only shared the following two fonts with us. However, in list you have shared some new fonts as well.

• CSongL18030_C.ttf
  • MSungM18030_C.ttf

As I requested with you in my last post that what is the expected output you want from Aspose.Slides to generate in response to the sample shared by you in this post. I have tried a new Windows 7 Operating System with JDK 1.7 that does not have SimSun fonts installed and I used the sample code shared in your post to generate the PDF. The PDF looked similar to that of presentation. Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce the issue on my end. Therefore, I requested you to please share the expected PDF file that you want to generate by replacing a font in rendered PDF. Please note that setting the default font does not mean that it will replace the font for every text but it will set the fonts for the text for which font is missing.

Please share the operating system and java details with us. Please also try installing the SimSun fonts on your end if possible as the image shared by you is clearly a missing font issue. If you ought to use CSongL18030_C.ttf or MSungM18030_C.ttf fonts as default replacing fonts then please first try to install these fonts on your end and then try setting the default font.

More importantly, as requested earlier, please share the expected PDF file with us that you want to generate as a result of font substitution so that we may observe it on our end and help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Mudassir,

I'm not sure if I would be able to share the fonts, I need to check with the font supplier as we are still trying out these Asian fonts. However we do have the regular Monotype true type fonts installed and actively use them for the document (.ppt, xsl, .doc and .pdf) to image (jpg/png) conversions and they work fine. We are trying to see if this can use the Monotype asian fonts for similar conversion.

PLEASE NOTE: We do not use Microsoft fonts and do not intend to.We are only interested in ppt to jpg/png conversion and not to PDF. I have also provided you the original document that was used for conversion, as well as the converted image. You should be able to recreate the same on your end if you would like to convert it to any other format.

Once again, our interest is in converting the ppt document to an image and not to PDF and I do not have any converted PDF to share. I have shared the converted image already.

The environment is:

Thanks

ung

Hi Ung,

Thanks for sharing the further information. I have created a new ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-34326 in our issue tracking system based on thumbnail shared by you. I have created issue to investigate why utilizing any of the following two fonts as default Asian font does not take effect in rendering.

• CSongL18030_C.ttf
  • MSungM18030_C.ttf

This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Mudassir,

Just wanted to let you know that if you would like to try the other asian fonts, you may want to get in touch with Monotype directly. We are still evaluating and hence we cannot share. Let me know if you have problems getting the evaluation fonts from Monotype. But surely it would be great to have those fonts supported.

Thanks
ung

Hi Ung,

Thanks for your valuable feedback and suggestions. Aspose.Slides supports the TrueType fonts and it does include the TrueType fonts from Monotype as well. Some of fonts may not work and it is usually revealed when our customers report such issues to us and we investigate and resolve them. Like you have shared some fonts with us and we will investigate them on our end and resolve them. We will share updates with you as soon as the feedback will be shared by our development team in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Mudassir,

Please find attached all the Monotype Asian fonts that’s required for your testing.
Also please not that the attached fonts are evaluation copy provided by Monotype and we have taken their permission to share this for your testing purpose only, and you are not supposed to share these files.

We would really appreciate if the Aspose.Slides libs are tested for all the provided Asian fonts and provide us the changes needed to get this working soon.

Thanks
ung

Hi Ung,

Thanks for sharing the details with us. I have linked the shared fonts in our issue tracking. Have you tried the shared fonts on your end using Aspose.Slides for Java 8.5.0. Do they fail to render. Please share the sample presentation and generated PDF files with us that are using the attached fonts so that we may commence further with our investigation.

Many Thanks,

Mudassir,

I have attached all the three conversions along with the original documents for trial and reference. I know you opened a ticket already for 2 of the Chinese fonts. I have another Chinese font as well as the 2 Japanes and 2 Korean fonts issues to be opened yet.
Please do let me know if you create or add it to the existing fonts issue.

Thanks
ung