Citrix with Aspose Words and PDF

Is anyone aware of any issues that would affect the operation of Aspose Word and Aspose PDF components in client software running in a Citrix environment?

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your inquiry. For Aspose.Words, I would suggest you please read the articles About Platforms and Interoperability and on Choosing the Platform and Interoperability Technology. For Aspose.PDF component, I will move your request in Aspose.Pdf forum. My colleagues from Aspose.Pdf component team will answer you shortly.

Best Regards,

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team. From your above requirement, do you mean a machine running in Citrix environment will be executing an application based over Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf ? Or do you need to run an application based over Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Words via Citrix client. Please share some details so we that we can share more appropriate information.

I mean that our application will be hopefully built to include the ASPose Words component specifically for the purpose of converting Word documents to PDF. This application will then be accessed from the client PC after being launched from and running on, the Citrix server.

Hi Steve,

My apologises for the delayed reply. Yes, you can confidently use Aspose.Words component to be able to convert Word documents to PDF formats.

Secondly, please note that Aspose.Words for .NET and Aspose.Words for Java are “twin brothers” products and together cover most of the popular development environments and deployment platforms. Both Aspose.Words for .NET and Aspose.Words for Java run on Windows, Linux and Mac OS operating systems.

Moreover, you can use Aspose.Words for .NET to build any type of a 32-bit or 64-bit .NET application including ASP.NET, WCF, WinForms etc. It is possible to use Aspose.Words for .NET via COM Interop from ASP, Perl, PHP and Python. You can also use Aspose.Words for .NET to build applications with Mono.

Also, Aspose.Words for Java is available for Java 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 and will run in any place where Java is installed. It is possible to use Aspose.Words for Java from Perl, PHP and Python as well.

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,