Classic PivotTable Layout setting lost in v8.6.0

Hi Aspose,

After re-saving the attached pivot.xlsb file, the setting “Classic PivotTable layout (enables dragging of fields in the grid)” is not retained.

Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Open the attached pivot.xlsb file in Excel 2007
2. Verify that in PivotTable Options -> Options -> Display tab, “Classic PivotTable layout (enables dragging of fields in the grid)” is checked
3. Run the below Java code with Aspose.Cells v8.6.0
4. Open the output pivot_out.xlsb file in Excel 2007
5. Observe that in PivotTable Options -> Options -> Display tab, “Classic PivotTable layout (enables dragging of fields in the grid)” is now unchecked

Code which can reproduce the issue:

// Open Excel file.
final Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“C:\Temp\pivot.xlsb”);
// Save Excel file.
workbook.save(“C:\Temp\pivot_out.xlsb”);

Please advise how we can retain this setting. Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template file and sample code.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by opening and re-saving your attached template XLSB file. I found the Classic PivotTable layout setting lost when re-saved the template XLSB file as per your attached screen shot.
e.g
Sample code:

// Open Excel file.
final Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“pivot.xlsb”);

// Save Excel file.
workbook.save(“out1.xlsb”);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-41530” for your issue. We will look into is soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSJAVA-41530 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.6.1.2 and let us know your feedback.

Thanks Shakeel. It is working fine in v8.6.1.2.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is now fixed with the latest version. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41530) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.