We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Clearing boarders

I have created a document which has a table in the header with no boarders. I use a table to get better formatting.

using the aspose.words dll I add more tables, this is a quote document for our company.

I'm using this code below to clear the boarders of all the tables. I'm observing that this code does clear the boarders but for some reason brings the boarder back On for the table in my header.

For Each abl As Table In AsposeDocument.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Table, True)

Dim table As Table = CType(abl, Table)

table.ClearBorders()

Next

Hi Gorbel,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-8544. Our development team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Gorbel,

Thanks for being patient. Our development team has completed the work on your issue ( WORDSNET-8544 ) and has come to a conclusion that this issue and the undesired behaviour you’re observing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we will most likely close this issue as ‘Not a Bug’. The problem occurs because the Table in question has a style specified to it and that style has borders. To workaround this problem, please try run the following code snippet:

Document doc = new
Document(@“C:\Temp\partsTemplate-3.docx”);

foreach (Table tab in doc.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Table, true))

{

tab.SetBorders(LineStyle.None, 0.0, Color.Transparent);

foreach (Row row in tab.Rows)

{

foreach (Cell cell in row.Cells)

cell.CellFormat.Borders.ClearFormatting();

}

}

doc.Save(@"C:\Temp\out.docx");

I hope, this helps.

PS: To learn how to work with Table Styles in Aspose.Words, please visit the following link:

Best regards,