Cloning slide into new presentation does not transfer SVG images

I am using the latest version of Aspose.Slides (Java, 17.9.1) to combine slides from multiple presentations into a new presentation.

Everything works as expected but slides with SVG images do not get cloned properly (Other formats like JPEG, PNG work).
The SVG images are referenced but not included in the target presentation (I checked the media folder of the extracted pptx).

Reduced code sample

// prepare presentation
Presentation destPres = new Presentation();
destPres.getSlides().removeAt(0); // remove default slide

IMasterSlideCollection masters = destPres.getMasters();
ISlideCollection slides = destPres.getSlides();

// Create new presentation and clone the slide
Presentation srcPres = new Presentation(file);

// Get the source slide
ISlide sourceSlide = srcPres.getSlides().get_Item(slideIndex);

// Clone the source master slide
IMasterSlide sourceMaster = sourceSlide.getLayoutSlide().getMasterSlide();
IMasterSlide iSlide = masters.addClone(sourceMaster);

// add the source slide
slides.addClone(sourceSlide, iSlide, true);

How can I get it working with SVG’s?
Am I doing something wrong?

@mail4,

I have observed your comments. Can you please share source presentation, generated result and environment details with us so that we may further investigate to help you out.

Hi Adnan

In the attached ZIP-file you find:

• A source presentation (source.pptx)
  • A broken result presentation (result.pptx)
  • The used SVG in the presentation (All SVGs I tried are affected)
  • A sample Java class that copies the first slide from the source.pptx and writes the result
  • Scripts to compile and run the Java Code

I did not include the Apose.Slides 17.9.1 binaries.
I use Windows 10 with Java 9, but the error occurs with older versions and Linux too.

aspose-demo.zip (71.9 KB)

Let me know if you need more information.

@mail4,

I have worked with source code and presentation file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for Java 17.9.1 and have been able to observe the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-36659 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with issue so that you may be automatically notified once issue will be fixed.

@Adnan.Ahmad, is there any update on the issue?

@remy,

I have verified issue status from our issue tracking system. I regret to inform that issue is still unresolved. Can you please share OS name and version along with JDK version so that we may further investigate to help you out.

@Adnan.Ahmad That is unfortunate, this is a real blocker for us.

As stated above, the issue has been reproduced with Linux and Windows using JDK 8 and 9

@remy,

We have shared the information with our product team and will get back to you with a feedback as soon as possible.

@remy,

I like to inform that our product team investigated issue in details. Can you please specify Linux version, JDK version and list of used fonts (fc-list command) for further investigation. Can you please check this issue on Aspose.Slides for Java 17.11 and 17.12 on your end.

@Adnan.Ahmad

I the issue seems partially resolved with version 17.11. The SVG is showing up but when opening the presentation Powerpoint shows a corruption warning.

Version 17.12 does not seem to work at all for me, the resulting presentation does not include any slides.

I tested it with the code attached before. On Windows 10 with JDK 8 and 9

I attached the output of the fc-list command of Linux Server
fc-list.zip (1.4 KB)

@remy,

I have observed your comments. Your feedback has been shared with our product team. We will share good news with you soon.

@Adnan.Ahmad
Any news on this issue?

I found the issue why I assumed the new version does not work at all.
It works indeed and the SVG is embedded correctly, but the notes panel is so tall that the slides are not visible.

Is there a way to close the notes panel by default on new presentations?

@remy,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that our product team investigated issue in details. Can you please share the presentations generated with Aspose.Slides for Java 17.11 and 17.12 for further investigations.

@remy,

I have observed the issue shared by you. There seems to be issue with default viewing options for generated presentation. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-36874 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

Is there a workaround for the notes view settings?

None of these options seem to have influence on the final presentation

destPres.getViewProperties().getNotesViewProperties().setScale(0);
destPres.getViewProperties().getNotesViewProperties().setVariableScale(false);
destPres.getViewProperties().setShowComments(NullableBool.False);
destPres.getViewProperties().setLastView(ViewType.SlideView);

Using another type like ViewType.SlideSorterView works, but is not wanted.

@remy,

I have observed your comments. I regret to inform that there is no workaround regarding this issue. I request for your patience until issue gets resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-36659) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for Java 18.1. Please try using the latest release version and in case you experience any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

@Adnan.Ahmad
Like mentioned before the SVG-Issue was resolved for me since 17.12.

But why are you releasing a new major version without fixing the view setting regression?
All created presentations look like this for me image.png (34.0 KB)
That is unusable for the enduser!
Is there anything I can do?

As a workaround I have to set the view setting to the Notes View.

destPres.getViewProperties().setLastView(ViewType.SlideSorterView);

@remy,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that Presentation view issue will be resolved in upcoming version of Aspose.Slides for Java 18.2. I request for your patience until release of Aspose.Slides 18.2.

@Adnan.Ahmad Any update when 18.2 will be released?