Cloning TextFrame Animation Does Not Work

Dear support,

We have just updated our API to the latest version 18.6, but the process is still slow.
We are just about the renew our subscription, but we will only do it in case this speed issue gets resolved, since we are waiting for it since almost a year.

Do you think it could get resolved soon?

Thank you and kind regards,
Tamas

@nemetht,

I have observed the information shared by you and request you to please share details of sample code as well as source and generated presentations along with Operating System and Java details on your end in separate thread. We shall investigate the information shared by you and will try our best to help you further.

Operations system: Ubuntu linux

Java version:
java version “1.8.0_181”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_181-b13)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)

Attached presentations:(**sources:**Presentation Global Country Argentina.ppsx, Presentation Global Country Asia.ppsx, gemerated: merged.ppsx)
presentations.zip (4.7 MB)

You can find the sample code below:

public static IPresentation merge(IPresentation... presentations) {
        IPresentation result = presentations[0];
        IPresentation[] source = Arrays.copyOfRange(presentations, 1, presentations.length);

final Dimension2D size = source[0].getPresentation().getSlideSize().getSize();
        result.getPresentation().getSlideSize().setSize((float) size.getWidth(), (float) size.getHeight(), SlideSizeScaleType.DoNotScale);

ISlideCollection slides = result.getSlides();
        for (IPresentation presentation : source) {
            for (ISlide slide : presentation.getSlides()) {
                slides.addClone(slide);
            }
        }

for (IPresentation presentation : source) {
            presentation.getPresentation().dispose();
        }

return result;
    }

Kind regards,
Tamas

@nemetht,

I have worked with source files and sample code shared by you using Aspose.Slides for Java 18.7 and unable to observe any issue. Can you please try to use Aspose.Slides for Java 18.7 on your end and share feedback with us.merge.zip (1.6 MB)

Dear support,

Thank you for you quick reply.
Of course there is no issue with the merge, this is all about the performance.

I have made some benchmarks with the latest(18.7) and with the version without the performance(16.9) issue this topic is about.

Please let me share the details with you:

Presentation Country Argentina.pps
Presentation Country Asia.pps
Presentation Country Bangladesh.pps
49 slides in total

16.9:
parse 18.839039s
merge 5.0515300s
save 3.8008350s

18.7:
parse 19.694267s
merge 23.901186s
save 4.3236876s

As you can see the merge part in the new version is almost 5 times slower than it was before.
Please find the souce files i’ve been working with attached to this post(sources.zip) and i’ve been using the same Java code as before.

sources.zip (4.0 MB)

Would you be so kind to have a look at it?

Kind regards and have a nice day,
Tamas

@nemetht,

I have observed the information shared by you. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-37298 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

Dear Support,

I hope you are well!

Have you got any updated on this issue?

Thank you

@nemetht,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and like to share that the issue SLIDESJAVA-36544 has been marked as resolved in upcoming Aspose.Slides for Java 18.9. The issue SLIDESJAVA-37298 is still unresolved owing to internal issues and we will share the good news with you when issues will be resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-37298) have been fixed in this update.