Close background child window in IE 6

Hello,

I searched for a solution for this problem but could not find a post about it so I’m creating a new thread for my issue.

My issue is that I have a blank window that pops up after clicking on an “Export” button in my report page I need to export.

Once the blank window pops up, a “save-dialog” box appears giving the user the option to open the Excel exported file in Microsoft Excel directly, saving it or cancelling this whole process. Once exported, it everything works great.

However, specifically in IE 6, the blank window which launches the code for export functionality does not close by itself (in IE 7 it does) but our company still uses IE 6 as the primary browser. I want the blank window to close by itself automatically (just like it does it in IE 7).

From the conclusion I’ve drawn, it seems once on the blank window, the Aspose code is launched for exporting, it does not allow any code on the page itself launch after it thus keeping me from adding code to automatically close window (through javascript) once the excel save-dialog box has launched.

Please let me know the solution to this issue.

Thanks,
Slick

Hi,

it does not allow any code on the page itself launch after it thus keeping me from adding code to automatically close window (through javascript) once the excel save-dialog box has launched.

Well, I am not pretty sure about your problem. Aspose.Cells does nothing with IE or other routines. Any how, we will get back to you soon.

Thank you.