CLOSED: .NET 4.5 supported?

In the readme file in your DLL-only zip (as well as in the forum faq), you state that you support .NET 4.
Do you officially support .NET 4.5 as well?

BR

One additional question: For Aspose.PDF there is a separate build for .NET 4 separate from .NET 3.5 build. Aspose.Words does not have this. Is this missing or is the .NET 3.5 assembly compatible with .NET 4.5?

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, Aspose.Words does support .NET framework 4.5. You can use Aspose.Words for .NET 13.7.0 with .NET Framework 4.5. Please let us know if you face any issue while using Aspose.Words with .NET Framework 4.5.

Moreover, we always encourage our customers to use the latest version of Aspose.Words as it contains newly introduced features, enhancements and fixes to the issues that are reported earlier. Please download the latest version from here:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/entry487066.aspx

I am moving this forum thread to Aspose.Total forum. My colleagues from Aspose.Pdf team will reply you shortly about your query related to Aspose.Pdf.

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please check here, Hopefully it answer your query.

Best Regards,

Hello Tahir,

there was a misunderstanding: The question was not about Aspose.Pdf (I posted a separate one in their forum) but for Aspose.Words.

Aspose.Words only has one assembly in version 13.7.0 for .NET 3.5, but does not have a separate assembly for .NET 4/4.5 like Aspose.PDF has. Therefore my question is: Why don't you have a separate builded assembly for .NET 4/4.5 since it targets a different .NET CLR version?

Is the .NET 3.5-dll compatible for both .NET 3.5 and .NET 4/4.5, so for both .NET CRL 2.0 (as it is the base of .NET 3.5) and .NET CLR 4.0?

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words DLL from net2.0 folder is used for 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5 .Net Frameworks. This assembly cannot be used when targeting the .NET Framework 3.5 or 4.0 Client Profile as it depends on System.Web. In such an environment use the library under net3.5_ClientProfile instead. In your case, please use net2.0 assembly of Aspose.Words. Hopefully it will serve your purpose.

Moreover, the net3.5_ClientProfile folder contains assemblies to use with .NET Framework 3.5 or 4.0 Client Profile. Note that this assembly excludes the Save overload accepting an HttpResponse object. This is by design as the client profile excludes System.Web assembly.

Hope this answers your query. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Thanks for the info, this is the info I was looking for. Just wanted to make sure that there is not something missing by accident.

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.