COLLADA Import

I see that there are various LoadOptions and SaveOptions classes defined for each 3D file format - but there does not appear to be a LoadOptions class for COLLADA. I expected to find a LoadOptions class for COLLADA and use its LookupPaths property to tell the importer where to find the other files that are referenced in my COLLADA root file. Are the references supported and, if yes, please can you explain how I can make it work?
I am currently using the trial version 18.7.0 - downloaded via nuget.

@imcardle

Thanks for contacting support.

Aspose.3D for .NET API offers Scene Class to load 3D documents. In order to check all supported 3D documents and code to load them using Scene Class, please visit “Reading a 3D Scene” article in our API documentation. In case of any further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you for your reply.

Indeed, I am using the Scene class to load my COLLADA file. My COLLADA file contains some references to other COLLADA files. However, I don’t know how to make the Scene class read in the additional COLLADA files that are referenced by the top level COLLADA file. It seems that the references are not read in by default, because I get an empty file when I try to save/export the scene in another format.

I can see that the Scene class has an override for its Open method which accepts a LoadOptions parameter. In turn, the LoadOptions class has a property called LookupPaths which has the following description:

“Some files like OBJ depends on external file, the lookup paths will allows Aspose.3D to look for external file to load.”

This sounds like what I’m looking for but the LoadOptions class cannot be used on its own - you have to use a derived class. Unfortunately, there is no ColladaLoadOptions derived class in the API as far as I can see.

@imcardle

Thanks for your feedback.

Would you please share your sample COLLADA file with us. We will test the scenario in our environment and share our feedback with you accordingly.

The COLLADA files that I’m using are available to download from here:

https://www.automationml.org/o.red/uploads/dateien/1506092067-AML_RobotCell.pdf

Please click on the above link to open a pdf file containing a download link for the “AML Robot Cell” zip file.

Extract the contents of the zip file and look inside the “dae_lib” sub-folder.

Using Aspose.3d, try to open the file “59230001_FIX_EF310_Product.dae”.

Using Aspose.3d, try to save the file in the Wavefront (obj) file format. Observe that the output file is empty.

@imcardle

Thanks for sharing the sample files.

We have tested the scenario and were able to notice that API was unable to export COLLADA file into .obj format correctly. Therefore, we have logged an issue as THREEDNET-413 in our issue tracking system. We will further investigate the issue and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as THREEDNET-413) have been fixed in this release.