Collection/Portfolio Creation Issues

I was tasked with the project of finding a way to automate creation of Adobe PDF Package/Portfolio files systematically versus using Adobe Acrobat’s built-in operations. I found that Aspose.Pdf implements this functionality and downloaded the 6.9 demo release. I then slapped together this quick test harness to see if it works like I expect:

Private Sub btnPortfolioTest_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnPortfolioTest.Click
Dim objFileSpec As Aspose.Pdf.FileSpecification

’ Create portfolio file
Dim objNewDocPortfolio As New Aspose.Pdf.Document
objNewDocPortfolio.Collection = New Aspose.Pdf.Collection

’ Embed First file
objFileSpec = New Aspose.Pdf.FileSpecification(“E:\TestPDFPortfolio\Private1.pdf”, “Private1.pdf”)
objNewDocPortfolio.Collection.Add(objFileSpec)
’ Embed Second file
objFileSpec = New Aspose.Pdf.FileSpecification(“E:\TestPDFPortfolio\Private2.pdf”, “Private2.pdf”)
’ Embed Third file
objFileSpec = New Aspose.Pdf.FileSpecification(“E:\TestPDFPortfolio\Private3.pdf”, “Private3.pdf”)
’ Embed Fourth file
objFileSpec = New Aspose.Pdf.FileSpecification(“E:\TestPDFPortfolio\Private4.pdf”, “Private4.pdf”)
’ Embed Fifth file
objFileSpec = New Aspose.Pdf.FileSpecification(“E:\TestPDFPortfolio\Private5.pdf”, “Private5.pdf”)

’ Save portfolio
objNewDocPortfolio.Save(“E:\TestPDFPortfolio\Output.pdf”)

End Sub

I ran the code, it executes and creates a Output.pdf file as expected, however when I open the file within Adobe Reader X Or Adobe Acrobat X, 3 of the 5 files appear to be munged. They do not show a preview, or display correctly in the preview pane when clicked on. 2 of the files work perfectly fine. I did note that when the PDF initially opens, a “Evaluation Use Only” message does pop up and then goes away briefly. Is it possible that this evaluation message is interfering with proper operation and a full paid release would work correctly?

Additional disclosure, I am using Visual Studio 2005 and therefore referencing the Aspose 2.0 code library if that could make a difference as well.

Thanks,
–Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for using our products and sorry for the delayed response.

I
have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-33731. We
will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status
of a correction.

We
apologize for your inconvenience.

PS, Please note that evaluation version provides the same set of features as offered in License mode except for a fact that PDF documents generated with Trial version have Evaluation watermark stamp. Also you can only concatenate 4 PDF files, extract 4 attachments and extracts few lines of text when using Trial mode. In order to avoid these limitations, you can also get a 30 days Temporary license. Please visit the following link for further details on how to Get a temporary license

Are there any ETAs for repair of this functionality? I have a customer who needs this functionality and is ready to purchase licenses once this is working correctly.

Thanks,
–Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your patience.

I have verified the status of this issue from our issue tracking system and regret to share that this issue is still unresolved. Currently it is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Also, at the moment we can't provide you the ETA for this issue. However, I have requested the development team to share the ETA regarding its resolution. As soon as we get required information, we will be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

Can someone please confirm when this will be resolved. We urgently require this and have been waiting nearly a year for this to be fixed.

Graeme

Hi Graeme,

Thanks for your inquiry. The above reported issue was resolved in 7.0, as we were unable to reproduce the issue in that version, please find attached output document for the reference. Kindly download and try latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .Net. Hopefully it will serve the purpose.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Can i please ask you to look at this issue in reference to your response as i have given more details:

http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/460426/pdf-portfolio-issue/showthread.aspx#460426

Regards
Graeme

Hi Graeme,

Please follow the issue here.

Best Regards,