Color Palette disabled in Word Web when using a converted file

Hello,

Wanted to post this issue so it could be brought to your attention. When using a converted DOCX document in Word Web, SharePoint 2010, the color palette is disabled. Contacted Microsoft and they found the issue and a possible resolution.

Attached please find the test documents and the email resolution that Microsoft sent to me.

ColorPaletteEmailFromMicrosoft.docx - this is the email with hopefully the resolution to the issue.
Frag_251.docx - this is the converted document from Aspose
Frag_251_After.docx - this is the converted document from Word 2010

Thanks
Danny

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, I suppose you’re using an older version of Aspose.Words for Java i.e. 11.2.0 on your side. If this is found to be the case, I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest released version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.6.0 and let us know how it goes on your side. You can download it from the following link:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx

Secondly, in case the problem still remains, could you please attach your input Word document, you've used to generate 'Frag_251.docx' from, here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best Regards,

Hello,

I recreated the issue using 11.6.0. Attached is the HTML used to create the docx file and also attached are the DOCX version from aspose and the DOCX version saved from SharePoint.

XFR_2703.txt - is the HTML used to create XFR_2703_FromAspose.docx
XFR_2703_FromAspose.docx - is the docx imported into SharePoint
XFR_2703_FromWordWeb.docx - is the docx exported from SharePoint

Microsoft mentioned that the Themes and Styles with effect folders need to be in their docx file structure.

Thanks
Danny

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the additional information. After an initial test with Aspose.Words v11.7.0, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. I would request you please share/explain the steps here to be able to reproduce the same issue on my side. I will investigate the issue further and provide you more information.

Best Regards,

Hi Awais,

Attached please find, StepsForRecreation_ColorPaletteIssue.docx. This file contains all that we do to recreate the issue. I will also write up our environment in this document as well.

I hope this helps, trying really hard to get this resolved.

Thanks
Danny

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the additional information. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as WORDSNET-6886 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6886) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.6 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.6 update.