Column data merged when converting PDF to XLS when space between columns is too small

Hi,

I am evaluating PDF to XLS and have found a couple of annoying things (see attached PDF and resulting XLS file).

Firstly, our reports have columns which are close to each other but still quite visibly independent. The “Raised” and “Employee” columns get merged when converted to XLS. By adding more space this problem does not occur, however, we have 100’s of reports and I don’t want to have to manually modify each one. Is there a property which we can set which can set the minimum spacing between columns?

Secondly, when data wraps to a second line on the report, it is treated as an entire new row. Again, I could manually modify all reports to minimise wrap but was wondering if there was anything that can be done to minimise this issue.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid currently there is no option available to set spacing between columns. However we will investigate the possibility during the investigation of your reported issues. We have logged following investigation tickets in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve your above reported issues. We will keep you updated about the issues’ resolution progress via this forum thread.

PDFNEWNET-37419: Two columns merge into a single column
PDFNEWNET-37368: Multi-line text renders to separate cells for each line.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-37368) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.8.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(7)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-37419 ) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.9.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.