Column span and DocumentVisitor

I am using the example shown in the DocumentVisitor help to read and write out a table which has a cell horizontally spaning three other cells (ie colspan=3 in HTML output). How do I detect this? Is there a property for this? In the document I am using, Cell.CellFormat.HorizontalMerge = None. I would prefer not to use Cell.CellFormat.Width to calculate the column span.

Hi,

Unfortunately this is the only way to detect this. MS Word normally represents horizontally merged cells as normal cells. I have logged your request as #1322 and I hope we will provide such a method in the future but I'm sure it will use the cell width for the detection.

I'm closing the issue.

Cells in MS Word tables do not have to be vertically aligned at all. A user can set width of cells independent in each row. By doing this the cells will appear horizontall merged because they will be spanning several (wholly or partially) cells in next rows. But those cells will not be merged. Those will be just normal cells. I don't think we can do anything here.