com.aspose.cells.CellsException: too many records

Hi,

I am using Aspose.Cells 1.9.5 for java.

I am getting com.aspose.cells.CellsException: too many records exception while adding a sheet in workbook after addition of specific number of sheets.

I am attaching the simulation program for the same.

Please provide me the fix for this issue.

Thank You.
Kailas

Hi Kailas,

I find problems opening your both template excel files (i.e.., templateSheet.xls and detailTemplateWorkbook.xls) into MS Excel (2000, 2003, 2007). MS Excel displays error message(s) opening the files. How do you create these files? Anyways, we will also look into it soon.

Thank you.

Hi Kailas,

Was the templateSheet.xls you attached created by Aspose.Cells for Java 1.9.5? It can't be opened by MS Excel because the cells defined in this file exceedes the limit of Excel97-2003 file format. To create such Excel file with so many cells that columns and/or rows exceed limit of Excel97-2003 file format, you should save it in Excel2007 format.

From 1.9.5, we have add a feature to prevent such corrupt file being created for Excel97-2003: we will cut out cells whose column or row exceeds 65536 rows and 256 columns limit when save workbook as Excel97-2003 file format. So, if the templateSheet.xls was created by 1.9.5, it is strange, and it is appreciative if you can give us your code to create such a corrupt file so we can check whether it is a bug, thank you. And with attached version, when I read in the templateSheet.xls and resave it, the resaved file can be opened by MS Excel normally.

For the "too many records" Exception, it is because there are too many Names in the workbook. Please try attathed version, for this version, we have extended the limit for count of Names object in a workbook. And for your business and performance, please check whether you need so many Names in your workbook, thank you.