COM Exception when reading Visio File

Hi,

I’m trying to export Visio files to images and I get the following exception

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException:
at the line :
Diagram MSCdiagram = new Diagram(filename);

I’m running this on Windows Server 2008, .NET 4.0 based on the Model View Controller architecture. I’ve installed Aspose.Diagram and referred to it appropriately. The stack trace is as follows:
 Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio.DocumentsClass.Open(String FileName) +0
WebEbdMvcFinal.Controllers.FileUploadController.Upload(HttpPostedFileBase file1, HttpPostedFileBase file2, HttpPostedFileBase file3, String ProjName, Boolean checkAuto) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\EBDWebsite\Controllers\FileUploadController.cs:833
lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +333
System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +260
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass42.b__41() +40
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass39.b__33() +129
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4f.b__49() +882007
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass37.b__36(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +15
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2a.b__20() +33
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass25.b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +882588
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1d.b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +20
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +67
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +53
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.b__4(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +42
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.b__d() +54
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +469
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +375
From this, I’m guessing I’m not able to open Visio. But, I have Visio 2010 installed on the server. However I’m not able to find it in the DCOM configuration in order to allow local launch on the server.

Hi Ananth,

Thanks for your inquiry. Your query is related to Aspose.Diagram. I am moving this thread to Aspose.Total forum. My colleagues from Aspose.Diagram will reply you shortly.

ananthbalashankar:
However I'm not able to find it in the DCOM configuration in order to allow local launch on the server.
If you are using Aspose.Words, please share some more detail about your query.

Please note that Aspose.Words for .NET is a class library that enables your applications to perform a great range of document processing tasks. Aspose.Words supports DOC, DOCX, RTF, HTML, OpenDocument, PDF, XPS, EPUB and other formats. With Aspose.Words you can generate, modify, convert, render and print documents without utilizing Microsoft Word®. For more information, please go through the documentation below:

Hi Ananth,

Thanks
for your inquiry. Please refer to the answer that I replied in the following post:
http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/476772/com-exception-while-reading-visio-diagram/showthread.aspx#476772