Combining PDFs cause strange page orientation changes

Thanks - I really have had a bad time with Aspose.Pdf. Had to wait two months to finally be told that I needed to use PDFdoc.ProcessParagraphs() to ensure that all pages were generated properly (pages created by tables going over one page) prior to applying stamps. Then I find a bug with textstamps aligned top left and now I can’t append PDFs with different page sizes. It is three months since the purchase of this component and I still can’t issue my client with a program that works!

I really am losing patience and looking at other components now…

Hello Martin,

We humbly apologize for all the issues which you have faced. Although regarding the issue which you have mentioned in your first post (page orientation get changed when load PDF from database), could not be replicated in our environment. We have tried to reproduce it by fetching PDF from database as well.

After some investigation, which you did at your side, it seemed that the issue was raising due to margin settings, you were applying to whole document in the start of your code routine. We have managed to reproduce the issue with that routine but after shifting margin settings to page level the issue was resolved (I think you do not need to change page size of PDF from database as they are already of A4 size).

However resulting cropping images, after changing page size, is an issue and it has been logged under the earlier shared ticket ID. We hope that development team will soon plan to investigate the issue as per their development schedule. As soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know. Your patience is greatly appreciated in this regard. Please spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Asad,

I was referring to a separate ticket about needing to use ProcessParagraphs() otherwise pages that got created as a result of tables going over more than one page were not actually generated until the document was saved. It took two months for anyone to seriously look at this and tell me to use ProcessParagraphs! At the same time I spotted the textstamp issue when aligned top left and this has not been fixed after three months!

With regards to this issue, if you look at the zip file that contained each individual PDF file, you will find that some of them are not A4. If I left them at their native size then it may cause printing issues due to the printer deciding that it does not have the correct paper size loaded.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your cooperation. I have checked the zip file which you have shared and observed that some of the files are already other than A4 in terms of their page orientation. Though we really are sure that development team will look into details of the issue which you are facing and provide a fix against it as per their development schedule.

We greatly appreciate your patience and comprehension in this regard. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Any news please?

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your inquiry.

As we have recently notified the issue, so I am afraid that it is pending for review. We are sure that development team will surely plan to investigate it as per their development schedule. As soon as we have some certain updates about the resolution of the issue, we will inform you. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Best Regards,

It is now two months since my last post on this issue. Has anything been resolved yet?

@msutherland25

Thanks for contacting support.

I am afraid that earlier logged issue has not been resolved yet, as relevant team has been busy in resolving other issues in the queue, which were reported prior to yours. Though we have recorded your concerns and intimated relevant team about them. As soon as we have some feedback from their side, we will let you know. Please spare us little time.

Have just downloaded 17.10, but still same problem (since May 2016)! This really makes me look bad to my customer and that I chose the wrong PDF product! I really want to cry !!!

@msutherland25,

Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid the earlier reported issue is still pending for review and is not yet resolved. Please note that issues are resolved in first come first serve basis as we believe its the fairest policy to all the customers. Therefore the product team has been busy fixing other previously reported issues. Nevertheless, I have shared your concerns and product team and they will surely consider them during the issues prioritisation.

We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

If this issue was in a strict queue then it would mean that everyone has to wait for over a year for any fault to be fixed! Clearly being able to append PDFs with different paper sizes into an A4 PDF document and get any images that were on the non A4 paper size to actually be fully displayed on the A4 compounded document is not something that anyone else has needed to do yet otherwise the fix might have been somewhat faster! Can you recommend any other PDF software that can do this? As a long time user of Words, Cells and now PDF for dot Net, I am very disappointed by the help received!!!

@msutherland25

Thanks for sharing your concerns.

We humbly apologize for the delay and inconvenience which you have faced. As shared earlier that issues have been resolved on first come first serve basis basis and there are other pending issues as well in the queue which are meant to be resolved prior to yours. However, we have recorded your concerns and shared them with the respective team and they will surely plan to provide a fix against your issue as per their development schedule.

As soon as we receive some certain updates regarding resolution progress of your issue, we will definitely inform you. We greatly appreciate your patience and cooperation in this matter. Please spare us little time.

I’m now being asked to purchase the next year of updates from my UK reseller (Greystone). I have explained that I have been waiting over a year for a resolution to a problem and since I have no idea when or if the issue above will ever be fixed, it seems a poor proposition to continue paying money! Are you quite sure that the brains at Aspose can’t work out a way round this issue?

@msutherland25

Thanks for your inquiry.

I am afraid that we have not received any definite feedback from respective team, regarding resolution of your issue. However, we have again raised your concerns to escalate the issue to next level and requested the relevant team if they can share an ETA (if possible). As soon as we receive some significant news on resolution progress, we will surely inform you.

We highly appreciate patience and comprehension in this matter. Please spare us little time.

Hi, just renewed my support for this component in the hope that this issue will get resolved soon. Has any progress been made please?

@msutherland25

Thanks for your inquiry.

I am afraid that earlier logged issue has not been yet resolved, due to large number of pending issues in the queue - which were logged prior to your issue. However, your issue has been escalated to next level and an ETA request has also been posted for the product team.

Please note that product team has been handling/managing two queues of logged issues (i.e Paid Support issues and Normal support issues) where the issues, logged under paid support model have precedence over the issues logged for free/normal support. We are sure that depending upon their development schedule, product team will definitely share their feedback regarding resolution progress of you issue.

We highly appreciate your patience and comprehension in this matter. Please spare us little time. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi, any news of whether this issue has been resolved yet?

@msutherland25

Thanks for posting your inquiry.

We are sorry that your issue is still pending in the queue for resolution due to other high priority tasks and enhancements in the API. However, we have been working over resolving issues in the queue and will definitely let you know once we make any resolution progress on your issue. Please be patient and spare us little time.