Combo chart template problem

Hello,

I made an excel chart template with a Combo chart with line, scatter and column charts. When I manually add data intro the Data sheet everything displays correctly. When I add the data into the data sheet using Aspose the primary x-axis becomes a value axis (instead of category axis) and because of that the values are not correct. In my program I looked at the chart type and it is “scattered”. I tried changing the chart type from my program to “ChartType.Line” but this changes all the NSeries types and the way the series are drawn on the chart. I attach here the files with examples regarding my problem.

Thank you!

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template files.

I have tested your scenario/ case a bit using opening your template file and re-saved it as with our latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.3 (please download and try it here if you are not already using it). I could not reproduce the issue and the output file is generated fine and the chart is not changed.
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“e:\test2\ExcelOnlyDemo.xlsx”);
workbook.Save(“e:\test2\out1ExcelOnlyDemo1.xlsx”);

Could you try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.3 if you are not already using it. And, if you still find the issue, kindly do create a simple console demo application (runnable) with v8.6.3, zip it and post us here to reproduce the issue, we will check it soon. We need to check on how do you add data to the worksheet cells for chart’s data source.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Thank you for the reply.
If you take a closer look at the file out1ExcelOnlyDemo1.xlsx file you generated, you can see on the primary X axis that the values are 0 to 400 instead of the text values in the “A” column from the “Data” sheet.
I attach here a console application that triggers the same [unwanted] behavior.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project with template file.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by using your sample project with your template file, you are right. I also found that the custom chart’s primary x-axis is changed after just opening and re-saving the template XLSX file via Aspose.Cells APIs. I used the following sample code with your template file:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“e:\test2\ExcelOnlyDemo.xlsx”);
workbook.Save(“e:\test2\out1.xlsx”);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-44157” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-44157 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44157) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.