Comment by nonexistent author. AuthorId = 0

9 our of 10 PowerPoint files I convert work fine and then I get this error;

Comment by nonexistent author. AuthorId = 0.

Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PptxReadException

Full error attached.

How can I resolve this error? Is there a hot fix? I’m not in control of the PowerPoint files people upload into the system. There may well be a “Nonexistent author” but the process cannot fail to produce an output. Client won’t except it.

Desperately Yours,
Ben Steinwand

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the issue shared by you and suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 7.0.0 on your end. If there is still an issue then please share the sample project and presentation files with us. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out.

Many Thanks,

How can I tell which version is installed? I installed in January of this year, so I think I am on the current version, but I don’t know that for a fact.

Urgency.
If it makes a difference I want to note the urgent nature of this request. I am demoing your product for a big investment bank, as a part of product due to launch soon. If we can solve this problem quickly they will purchase, otherwise they won’t.

I’ve confirmed the installed version is 7.0 - see attached screenshot

Hi Ben,

Thanks for clarification that you are using Aspose.Slides for .NET 7.0.0 on your end. As I requested your earlier to please share the sample project and presentation files with us. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out.

Many Thanks,