We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Comment is not visible

Hello,

I’m using Aspose.Cells to convert .ods file to PDF.

WordArt and comments are getting lost while conversion.

I’ve used
worksheet.PageSetup.PrintComments = PrintCommentsType.PrintInPlace
but it did not work.

I’m using version 7.7.2.2.

Thank You,
Purnima

Hi Purnima,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

Unfortunately, we will require the spreadsheet in question to properly analyze the problem cause on our end. We would request you to please give the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) on your end. In case the problem persists, please provide us the sample file to replicate the issue on our end, so we could move forward towards the correction if identified as a bug on the part of Aspose.Cells API.

Hi Babar,

I did use Aspose.Cells for .Net 7.7.2.5 but the problem still persists.
I’m attaching the test file which contains a comment and a wordart, both of them were lost while converting to PDF.

My code is as follows

Dim xlsAspose As Workbook = New Workbook(filename)
Dim worksheet As Worksheet = xlsAspose.Worksheets(0)
worksheet.PageSetup.PrintComments = PrintCommentsType.PrintInPlace
Dim saveOpt As New Aspose.Cells.PdfSaveOptions(Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Pdf)
saveOpt.AllColumnsInOnePagePerSheet = True
xlsAspose.Save(“output.pdf”, saveOpt)

Thank You,
Purnima

Hi Purnima,

Thank you for providing the sample file.

We are able to observe the problem while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.7.2.5. We have logged an investigative ticket (CELLSNET-42481) in our bug tracking system to probe further into this matter. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the problem cause, and to provide a fix at earliest. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Hi Purnima,

Thank you for using Aspose.Cells.

We will fix the issue that the comments are not printed. But we do not support
reading smartart and wordart of ods file and have not plan to support them
now.

Hi Purnima,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please try the new fix for rendering comment. We are afraid smartart is not supported yet.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) and let us know your feedback.

Thank You Shakeel,

I tried this latest dll and found that it supports the comment rendering only partially. The comment box is visible but not the content inside it.

Thank You,
Purnima

Hi Purnima,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

I have tested this issue with the following code using the now latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) and found both comment box and its content are visible.

I have attached the output pdf and screenshot for your reference. Please make sure, you are using the latest dll now.

C#

LoadOptions options = new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.ODS);

Workbook xlsAspose = new Workbook(“test1.ods”, options);

Worksheet worksheet = xlsAspose.Worksheets[0];

worksheet.PageSetup.PrintComments = PrintCommentsType.PrintInPlace;

Aspose.Cells.PdfSaveOptions saveOpt = new Aspose.Cells.PdfSaveOptions(Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Pdf);

saveOpt.AllColumnsInOnePagePerSheet = true;

xlsAspose.Save(“output.pdf”, saveOpt);